Curing in plastic containers?

bud buster

This is my first time getting to the curing process.I hang dry for about 4-5 days then jar them in glass,but I ran out and I'm using this plastic tupperware jar.Does it being plastic and not glass effect the cure?

What would be the difference? Does the trichs stick to the plastic more or the plastic causes something in the humidity?

I read somewhere that glass containers are the best to use, as glass does not retain and absorb the THC from the dried buds, as paper or plastic does. :allgood:

DankBuds :Rasta:

My understanding is that the plastic's static can pull off the trichomes more easily than glass. If you are looking for good, cheap glass jars (the kind with the glass snap down lids), I have found that hobby stores usually have them really cheap. In my area, I use Hobby Lobby, but most should have them.

I've cured in it all and if there is a difference it wasn't big enough to notice any difference at all. Just make sure that whatever you use you open them once in a while to allow the gasses to escape and to avoid any possible mold problems. I remember all so many years ago on my first ever grow. It was outdoors and I eneded up with lbs of the stuff because I thought I needed 30 plants to have enough for a year. I couldn't keep up with all the containers and a lot of it molded. I also remember that someone broke into my house and stole it all (I had tranfered it all to a big rubber maid container) the day before I was going to turn it into bubble. I was pissed.

You can go buy glass jars and not have to worry about any thing the plastic could change, they are cheep. Mason jars work great, or you can get the really nice glass jars with the flip lid and a rubber seal if you want, more expensive but I feel better with them.

suspend your plants inside the plastic containers. pop a hole in 1 end and stuff the stem thru it and slap a piece of tape over the hole and stem so u get no leaks and it wont matter what u put it in aslong as its air tight. Plastic is made from oil and eventually it'll suck the oils from the plant just like a peanutbutter jar made of plastic sucks the oils from the butter n it makes the lable look funny after its sat there for a month or 2. Ive put my weed in a small plastic container a few times and its moistend it back up after about a week or so in there but only the sides that were touching the plastics were affected. If u are going to use plastic check it almost daily or just shake it up a bit so it doesnt get stuck in 1 place and start to get soggy around the edges

Back
Top Bottom