Curiosity has got the better of me

Bertie

Hi all, I have a couple of unrelated questions. They aren't perhaps that relevant to many, or perhaps even anyone. I am curious though and figured a 420 expert may be able to answer.

1) Do elongated cotyledons signify anything? I have one popped up, and it's cotyledons are about 50%+ longer than any of the others and 30% thinner. They're all from the same batch of seeds. Obviously I'll grow it for a while to see, but I'm curious if genetically it means anything, or just why some are like that?

2) In the early 90's, I grew some from some mixed seed that I was given by an old guy. He'd kept them from any really good weed he'd smoked over the years. I grew them to maturity, but one was taking too long. It was a weird plant, as its main stem was almost a rectangle shape, about the size of three of any of the other plants stems side by side, and it was hollow. It had little side branching (if any), apart from one main branch that it kicked out about a third of the way up. The cola just kept growing more and more new growth and I never saw any buds. I thought it may eventually do it, but I wasn't going to keep the lights going just for that one, so she got axed the same time as the others.
I described what had happened to someone else that was growing at the time, and he couldn't believe I'd killed it off. He said he'd been looking for that trait for ages. This guy was a good grower and produced top notch weed, but he also had a reputation of being a complete bullshit artist, and I always suspected that he tried to throw me the odd curve ball, possibly for fear of me treading on his market (small town), though it was just for my personal. He did seem genuinely cheesed off that I'd killed it, and I've never seen anything like it since. He called it something, but I cant remember. Anyway, after that little tale (bit ripped, you know what its like :)), what could it have been? Like I say, the stem was almost a rectangle, very large/wide, and hollow. Why was it like that?

Back
Top Bottom