Cutting fan leafs don't effect my plants?

tk86high

First Id like to say please lets keep the comments or advise positive and non insulting to other users as everybody has their own way to grow and this is why the forum is here to get ideas from other growers. Thanks and now on the the issue at hand.

I read lots of stuff on the internet that was about not cutting fan leafs and some with cutting fan leafs.
I have been doing some trimming on my girls since they were 2 weeks old , once a week I go though cut off any leafs that r not looking good and any of the really jumbo size fan leafs that r just in the way of everything.

So far I have very healthy plants growing strong and budding nicely . With that said I was wondering has anybody ever had proof that cutting or trimming leafs on ur plant really does stunt growth or effect the plant ? As in nature we see trees and plants all the time that get trimmed or leafs that get damaged by animals insects or even humans but still keep growing.

Overall I think cutting the fan leafs does nothing to effect the plant and its all about how you treat and take care of them. (watering lighting nutrients etc..)

Let the debate begin. :high-five:

Cutting fan leaves should only be done when pruning to clean up the bottom 1/3 of the plant and/or if you have infected or heavily nutrient deficient leaves.

The nutrients you feed your plants are stored in your leaves. Photosynthesis gives your plant energy to utilize the nutrients. By removing fan leaves, when it is not necessary, you could be taking away an energy source, as well as taking away food that the plant could have used at one point.

I would not remove the fan leaves unless it was for one of the reasons I mentioned at the beginning.

Cutting fan leaves should only be done when pruning to clean up the bottom 1/3 of the plant and/or if you have infected or heavily nutrient deficient leaves.

The nutrients you feed your plants are stored in your leaves. Photosynthesis gives your plant energy to utilize the nutrients. By removing fan leaves, when it is not necessary, you could be taking away an energy source, as well as taking away food that the plant could have used at one point.

I would not remove the fan leaves unless it was for one of the reasons I mentioned at the beginning.

Yup thats a bout what im doing , I cut the lower ones not the top or mid top leafs. And only if I see there is a deficient on the leaf (not heavy) or infected leafs, or the ones that r just dying out as the plant gets bigger. So on a normal bases I only cut the leafs that i feel need to be cut. I dont cut leafs if they r in the way of the buds or something like that as i already know the fan leafs r what gives the plant its life.

thanks for ur insight. glad to know im going in the right direction .

Back
Top Bottom