Cyco's Autopot, Pro-Mix, Jacks321, Mandarin Sunset, 2022

Okay cool, so their specific recommendation is 6.3g Jacks RO, 1g Epsom Salt. They also say full strength is 2.3EC.
I personally do not understand or have adequate knowledge on nutrient composition, so I'm curious what you think of their recommendation and why that differs from your own. You seem very knowledgeable about this, do you have any resources on explaining this stuff to a layman?

6.3g Jacks RO and 1g Epsom Salt puts you here:
200-30-221 with Ca at 116, Mg at 60, and S at 115.

That would be for the heaviest feeding plants we might grow (never seen anyone need that) and damn near if not above the top of the range for nitrogen as I recall, but the ratios are close to correct.

In terms of an explanation, a number of us on the site are looking for around a 5-2-6 ratio in flower, where Ca is 50% of K, Mg is 25% of K, and S is 10% of N. It's not easy to hit those numbers without plugging in a few different products but eventually you can get close. The Jacks 12-4-16 + epsom salt does pretty well with two products.

Keep in mind that these all nitrate nutes will raise the pH of your ProMix over time, especially in a long grow.
I have read that people use Alchemist Stout MSA with Jacks for the silica.
Stout is an okay form of monosilicic acid (I used to use it) but it's pricey on a percentage basis. I moved on to DutchPro silica which is a bit more expensive but cheaper per ml of Si. I can't find that on Amazon any more so I just bought a bottle of Front Row Ag Si from my local hydro store, which is even cheaper per ml of Si.

Thanks so much man. When this bag of 5-12-26 dies, I'll try your ratio of Jacks RO 12-4-16. Am I correct in assuming even with your ratio I should be setting 1.2ec as the absolute MAX and probably 0.4-0.6 for seeds/veg?
Also, as far as pro-mix raising in pH over a long grow, is there something I can do to easily counter act this?

I don't measure EC so I couldn't tell you. If you want to start from sprouts I would divide the numbers I gave you by 4. Then by 3 as they get bigger, then 2, and then by 1.2 for the rest of veg. Once you flip divide it by 1.1 for early flower and as is for mid to late flower.

I try to get ahead of yellowing in veg so I ramp up pretty quickly as they become mature plants, but certainly bump as soon as you see any fading of the lowers.

Okay, I'll do the conversions and math on my own time later, but just so I'm understanding, you suggest mixing 10 gallons of RO water with 49grams of Jacks RO and 7grams of Epsom Salt, and whatever that specifically comes out to is my max EC and what I should be feeding during flower, correct?

So I mixed that ratio of 4.9g Jack's RO to 0.7grams epsom salt in 4 gallons of RO water, and it came out to 1.4EC and exactly 5.7PH. Dropped my mom plant into it. I used the rest of the bag, 980grams, to make a 1:200 concentrate. My flowering plants still look awful. I think they just don't have enough leafs left to recover. Gonna let them finish flowering and then I'm switching to a single 27gallon DWC setup for my tent. I'm gonna move away from these autopots. I feel like they've become more trouble than they're worth at the moment. Maybe I'll try them again some other time but I need a nice harvest or I'll be buying bud sooner rather than later.
310114149_491207352872779_6414401032336501221_n.jpg

It's been a week now that I've changed to DWC with Jacks RO/Epsom 4.9g/0.7g per gallon, which comes out to 1.3-1.4EC. This is the mom inside my spacebucket.
Mom in DWC.jpg
Mom in DWC roots.jpg
Mom in dwc 2.jpg
dwc spacebucket mom.jpg

These are my 6" netcup lids, with small lifting eye bolts for training. I'm going to be getting a small tent for training a clone and run a single large plant.
lid.jpg

Soaker hose and stainless washers for bubble rings.
ring.jpg

I've written off the tent, mid week 7 and can tell it'll be very little weight. Probably will pull it in a week and put the mom in. She's crushing dwc.

received_805337977335664.jpeg

received_862261771616582.jpeg

It's a 9-10 week plant and we're in mid week 7. It's not put any weight on. I think I'd be better off getting the mom into flower asap. And if I ever switch off dwc I'm thinking I'll get The Bucket drain to waste setup.

received_621510776303830.jpeg

Nah I haven't, I grow for my wife :D I'll have her try a little bud from the plants this weekend and see if she wants to pull it. It COULD go to 9 weeks but it's fine if we lose a few grams. I mean just looking at the plants I would be SHOCKED if this is anything more than 2 ounces after trimmed and dried.

Back
Top Bottom