Damn gnats!

dannydanko420

hey i have a quick question for all who's out there, i'm growing indoors and i have a shit load of GNATS and i've used a solution thats made with cedar oil and i got it at a hydro store, all organic but it seems like it's not working, it's called "go GNATS". Could anyone help me out a lil and give me some info on wat to do to get rid of these lil f*****s? I've also got some Fly strips hanging like 3 of them and they're working but not as fast as the Gnats tho. Thank you and take care!!!

Re: Damn gnats!!!!!!!

Sounds like you are on the right track.

You treating the soil?

What are the use directions on the GoGnat stuff?
apply once a week? twice a week?

See if this helps:
What Biological Controls are Available for Fungus Gnats?

The goGnat stuff says for the medium, put more potent solution, it tells you the measurements, but for the potent solution your supposed to spray it on the medium as a barrier once every two weeks, then for foilage spray you dilute the solution with more water and spray it like twice a week i think but it works some wat but i see gnats everyday less n less of course but yea it seems like they're in the soil, which is my home made compost so it could've been that when i transplanted them into the compost soil cuz after i did that there was more n more Gnats flying around all different sizes. now it seems i got the population down a bit now i need to treat the soil i just dont kno how.
Thanx for the site im gonna go look at now but if u got anything else on wat i can do please feel free to let me kno, thanx and take care!!!

I had gnats in some potted plants indoors. Along with the "fly paper" strip that I hung downstream of my fan (on the lee side of the plants), which caught many adults, I put diatomaceous earth in the tray beneath the drain holes. No more gnats.

Back
Top Bottom