Day 63 of flower, heat/light stress, buds are not swelling! any ideas?!

hydromaniac

Hey guys, so its my first grow, herojuana, 70 day flowering strain. Today is day 63 from lights switched, unfortunately the temps on top of canopy were up to 95-97 for a while before i realized i was frying the poor plants and raised the light, i also assume they were light stressed because the 750w light was 1ft away.

Now these buds are so skinny and dont wanna swell up, the trichomes are 50/50 cloudy and clear. i just increased dark hours by 1 hour going on 11/13. also reduced the nutes to 1/2 strength at 500 ppm.

do you guys think that the stress screwed these plants and they wont swell up or does stress usually just delay the process, and now that the issue is solved they would come back to life? i am very close to breaking my head on the wall, i really wanted to have a successful grow, ):

thanks for your help.

DSC_04701.JPG
DSC_0469.JPG
DSC_0467.JPG
DSC_0466.JPG
DSC_0465.JPG

Excessive heat (85f and up) will slow/halt growth on many strains. You should be fine so long as you can bring it down, it just may take a little longer. As for advertised flowering time, pfft. Those are just generalizations, not scripture. Your girls look good and you should be very pleased with your work--for what it's worth I'm impressed.

You can actually light bleach your nugs by having the light too close. I'm not sure if this is caused by heat from the light or by the actual light itself as I have observed this in very temp controlled environments. Odd discolored tops that look "burned" or bleached will form. They're still smokable though :thumb: just less pleasant to look at after months of hard work. I like to keep the canopy around 12 inches away from my 400watt hps. If I had a 600watt Id probably keep about 18 inches distance and a full two feet for the 1000's. I have seen journals where people let the tops grow right into their cooled lights and everything appeared fine, but this has never been a reality for me.

I count it from the first day I spot pubes. Some people call it pre-flowering after the 12/12 switch and flowering after sex shows. The 12/12 doesn't mean anything has started for the plant, it just signals to the plant that the "seasons" are changing. There is always hope.

Stay the course and prepare to reward yourself for all the blood, sweat, and tears you put into this. :goodjob:

thanks Gadfly, your reply is very hope giving.... i will keep my fingers crossed too and been trying to bring the temps down as much as possible (but still at 87-90). for next grow i will make sure things go better i guess. Ill keep this one to flower for another 1-2 weeks i guess, but i cant let it go any longer since the triches are mostly cloudy already.

I am hoping to pull a good yield out of this one because i am in extreme need of financial boost, and figured i could receive donations from other patients for my meds.. but looks like my next grow will be on the sidewalk of the street.. :biglaugh:

I have learned that in order for my flowering times to be anywhere near what the advertised time is I don't start counting the time in flower until the plants start vigorously flowering. Not the first pistols. When the plant has pistols everywhere is when I consider them "flowering". Then I'm usually pretty close to advertised times. Like the bubblicious I just started 12/12. It was in 12/12 for ten days before I saw the first pistol then it was another 8 before there were pistols on multiple bud sites on every branch.

Back
Top Bottom