De-sex my plant

when and how do i trim my plant so it dosn't pollinate others..picture refrence would be helpful
Dizzy, your question makes us wonder if you have a idea of what your doing when it comes to growing. Males polinate females but you only want that to happen if your breeding for seed. Females produce bud. other than pollination, males are virtually worthless. I've made some good butter from a male and that was the only thing it was good for.lol We alll pull males as soon as we see they are male to avoid seeding the females. Once a female is seeded she transfers energy spent on buds to making seeds and yield will be effected majorly.

well said...I was surprised bout the male butter working. Is that typical?
Ive been so programmed to remove the males that I never even considered making butter with them.
The best and most potent bud butter I ever made came from a male ducksfoot. 2 normal sized coookies and I was out of it for hours. Of course this male was about 2 foot wide and 7 feet tall too. lol

Just remove all the balls off it. hopefully it will shock the plant and turn it into a female, that's what im tryin to do right now :)

Dizzy, your question makes us wonder if you have a idea of what your doing when it comes to growing. Males polinate females but you only want that to happen if your breeding for seed. Females produce bud. other than pollination, males are virtually worthless. I've made some good butter from a male and that was the only thing it was good for.lol We alll pull males as soon as we see they are male to avoid seeding the females. Once a female is seeded she transfers energy spent on buds to making seeds and yield will be effected majorly.

At the risk of being a hijacker I have a question Racefan (or anyone else). I recent asked in another thread about seed farming. This ties in with that a little. What happens if you start with 10 seeds and you want to raise seeds. That was my original question. The answer was what I expected, grow all and cull out the best females (1-3) and best male and let nature take it's course..

So here's what this got me wondering. I grow 10, pull all but 1 male, emasculate the poor bugger with my scissors and keep him in with my females until I harvest all but 1 or 2. Then let the male develop and do his thing. I understand that the timing could be more than a little problematic. How long until a cut male can produce pollen again, ect..

Could this work or should I bite the bullet just do 10 12/12 from seed, take my new seeds and grow a regular crop?

Thanks!

Indicana:thanks:

Actually if you want seeds you need to start half your seeds and keep the best male and then start the other half about 2 weeks later. That way when the male is throwing pollen the females still have time to get seeded and grow the seeds to maturity. If you start them all at the same time the females are more than halfway through flower before the male throws pollen and most seeds will be inmature at harvest time. You might want to isolate the male and collect the pollen and selectively pollinate the females. I like to pollinate the lower buds leaving the colas for smoking. Once a female gets seeds 90% of her energy goes to growing seeds, not buds.

Back
Top Bottom