Debating on investing into indoor setup

bbtim1985

Hey guys I just joined this site while researching indoor growing. I ordered a secret jardin dr90(3x3x6) and a 6" inline fan. I live in socal(805) and my only option for growing indoors is in my garage. It gets pretty dam hot in there during summer time and I'm wondering if it will even be possible to keep this tent cool enough to bother trying to grow indoors.

I would like to buy either a 400w mh/hps cool tube with dimmable ballast, which would increase the heat inside the tent, or I would get 2 180w pro grow led lights, which use less electricity and runs cool. The pro grows would cost me just under $600 and the 400watter hps would cost me under $150. Would running led make it possible to keep this tent cool enough to grow inside of?

I can return my tent and inline fan if I need to, I want to start growing personal amounts indoors but I kinda don't think I can keep this tent cool enough to bother. Anybody here grow in their garage with out hooking up an a/c?

First hand experiences with combating heat issue would be great! Thanks in advance!

I can vent my tent to outdoors through a drier vent that goes to the outside of the house. Maybe put a tower fan inside along with 1-2 clip fans and a 4" duct booster to attach to the drier vent?

Hey dude, welcome to 420Mag!!! I have the same tent as you and depending on the ambient temp around your tent plus the light you use gives you some idea as how hot it will get. I used a 400 hps in a basement that gets to 65/70 and my heat inside the tent is 72/76. If you're doing it in a garage I would invest in the led as they put out the least heat, if your able to add cool air to the tent the hps will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom