Debating trying AutoPots

Slicknick909

Do they really simplify the growing process enough to justify the cost? I am sick and tired of having to water 2-4 times a day in flower with my coco coir so the reservoir aspect is what's really selling me. I have seen multiple people mention "if you want the easiest best bud get a QB, some MegaCrop and some AutoPots" so I'm close to persuaded. I've got the QB, been using and loving the MegaCrop now I guess I just need the AutoPots. I do have a few questions amidst my rambling though;
1: is the hose between the reservoir and the pot long enough to be kept outside of a tent?
2: do you need hydroguard or a similar product in the reservoir (I have plenty of experience with using it in RDWC)
3: do you need to use hydroton pebbles in the bottom of the pot?

I run auto pots and the hose is long enough to store the res outside the tent. I don't use hydrogaurd in res. I use hydrostones in the first 2-3 inches of pot followed by a mix of coco and stones. I'm going to mix perlite and coco in my next run.
IMG_20200430_192149842.jpg
IMG_20200417_151924917.jpg

I run auto pots and the hose is long enough to store the res outside the tent. I don't use hydrogaurd in res. I use hydrostones in the first 2-3 inches of pot followed by a mix of coco and stones. I'm going to mix perlite and coco in my next run.
IMG_20200430_192149842.jpg
IMG_20200417_151924917.jpg
Beautiful tent there!!! Thanks for the help, would you recommend the XL or regular size? It's like a $10 difference so I was thinking I'd just go for the XL, I plan to grow one large trained plant in a 4x4 at a time with it.

I use the regular sized autopots. I have a shorter tent than most at 6’ 5”.

The autopots were a game changer for me. Watering was always so much work. Now I can just let the reservoir do most of the work.

I still have to add water every few days but I have been using smaller batches of Remos nutrients in there. No hydro guard or anything.

Every once in a while I shut off the valves and clean the reservoir and tubing with a water and hydrogen peroxide solution.

I recommend them. I was under watering before. Now they get what they want.

I use the regular sized autopots. I have a shorter tent than most at 6’ 5”.

The autopots were a game changer for me. Watering was always so much work. Now I can just let the reservoir do most of the work.

I still have to add water every few days but I have been using smaller batches of Remos nutrients in there. No hydro guard or anything.

Every once in a while I shut off the valves and clean the reservoir and tubing with a water and hydrogen peroxide solution.

I recommend them. I was under watering before. Now they get what they want.

What ratio of peroxide do you recommend for cleaning? That's a beautiful looking tent there! Looks like I know what I'll be buying next payday!

What ratio of peroxide do you recommend for cleaning? That's a beautiful looking tent there! Looks like I know what I'll be buying next payday!
Up until now I just used soap and water to clean everything. I never put food into the reservoir before though.

The use of hydrogen peroxide isnt necessary as a cleaner.But I followed an online recipe, 10 parts water to 1 part H2O2 of the 29% technical grade.

Still. If I didn’t have any, I would just use soap and water, elbow grease does most of the work.

If I order the 2 site XL it's only $20 more than the single site, can I just hook up one site and not use both unless I decided to later on? I'd rather have the ability to expand instead of have to buy more stuff later on.

Back
Top Bottom