Deffiency Or Too Much Of

Dabrat

i recently started feeding my plants with nutes but am not getting good results.The yellowing started a couple weeks ago so I started the nutes but the problem is still getting worse.

100_7440.JPG

This is a pic of the brown spotting on the leaves

100_7439.JPG

The yellowing of the leaves and some are now drying out and curling inwards

100_7438.JPG

100_7437.JPG

My nutes are plant-prod....can't get fox farms or any good nutes around here but thought it would be better than MG as it was more money.The directions say for gardens mix 4 ml per 1 litre of water....For houseplants mix 6 ml per 5 litres of water. I am currently using 1 ml per litre of water.What do you all think? It has had 2 feedings of the nutes.....water, nutes, water, nutes,....next watering will be just water again and in about 2 days or so

I would say lockout due to pH problems.

What is your run off pH?

Got any powdered dolomite lime in that mix?

DD

My Milwaukee PH tester should be here in a couple days.Last time I used the little tube with capsule for ph testing and it showed according to colour that its good but those tests are pretty crappy.I am using promix soil and then are almost 5 weeks now.No dolomite in the soil...just promix soil and thats it.Would you recommend putting in some dolomite?

Droopy tells everyone with soil or soilless problems to put on D(olomite) on it.

What's your RH, ambient temp, lights wattage, and distance from the plant?

And X-X-X on your fertilizer bottle?

Also... Take a look at the Lucas formula.. It's super easy, and there's a dry GH formula too.

RH is usually between 40 to 60%.....temps are high at 101 and low I am not sure of.....recently went under my 400 watt MH at about 2 feet away and the fert I use is 20,20,20.....

Droopy tells everyone with soil or soilless problems to put on D(olomite) on it.

LOL, yes I do, ESPECIALLY peat based mixes like promix, but all seem to be lacking both lime and perlite.

I make my own mix, very similar to promix and have used it for years. Never had any problems with it because I was mainly growing ferns that love acidic soils.

When I started with the mj, I ran right into what's happening to you. Lockout due to low pH. Fought with that till I got a pH meter and got clued in to proper soil pH for mj and powdered dolomite lime.:thumb:

A 40# bag cost ~$5 at Lowes or HD and cleared up so many 'problems', I was simply amazed. pH problems can look like so many other things, you can really end up chasing your tail from it.

Get some, or wait till your meter arrives and check your runoff pH, then get some. LOL

HINT: To really check your runoff, water well to runoff, wait ~1/2 hr or so, then water a bit more and check that runoff. That water will have been in contact with the soil longer and give you a better reading, or a more accurate one.

DD

2 tbl/gallon of mix, or, 1 cup/cf of mix (~7.5 gallons). Mix it up in enough warm water to fully saturate the container, keep shaking it, it doesn't dissolve, and pour it on.

Not fast, don't expect to see any difference for several days to a week.

Best if you mix it dry, then put it in a bucket, wet it down (the promix) and let it sit for a couple of days before using it.

I'm guessing, in a 8" pot, you will still be going to a larger size and will be using more.

DD

Holy fuck, did you say your air temps are at 101F?

That'll stunt a plant quick.

Leaf surface temps are optimal around 75F, and 85F if you're running heaving CO2.

Holy fuck, did you say your air temps are at 101F?

That'll stunt a plant quick.

Leaf surface temps are optimal around 75F, and 85F if you're running heaving CO2.

No shit!

You need to get those temps down quick, or the pH problems will be a moot point, you are baking them to death.

DD

Ya my temps are high now that they are under my big light.I still have to put in some exhaust in my cab for the airflow.

Hey everyone, im having the exact same problem over the last three days, the leaves are curling down and folding in, the color is lighter green too compared to its sister whose doing amazing. the plant is outside during the day, about 85 degrees, and inside at night under cfls. they have been vegging for 5 weeks and looked amazing until the last few days. ill check the ph in the morning but i havent had a problem with it so far. using grow big with fox farm soil. Please help

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/xx1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom