Second week flowering definiency?

mrking

With some great advice in the veg stage from @Emilya everything was moving along smoothly, even as I progressed through the first week of flower.

Using ProMix soil, GH Nutes, in 10 gal fabric pots. i49 High CBD 20:1 strain.

Before starting flower I transitioned her from 5,5,2.5 ml per gallon of Flora Micro, Flora Gro, Flora Bloom as per GH recommendation for VEG to 4,4,4 ml per gallon of Flora Micro, Flora Gro, Flora Bloom as per GH recommendation for one feeding. I water 3 gallons each time with minimal (tablespoons) runoff.

With the start of flower I gave her 3 gallons of water of 4,1,5 ml per gallon of Flora Micro, Flora Gro, Flora Bloom as per GH recommendation. ph'ed to 6.3 with Bluelabs pen for a total of 12,3,15 ml for the 3 gallons of water.

Next watering 4 days later (bone dry) I gave her 3 gal water with 1ml Superthrive and 3ml CalMag.

After this watering I started to notice some of these issues in the picts below and thought it may be nute burn due to a built of nutes in soil over its life (seedling started at the end of March). Note after every feeding the next watering is usually just water with CalMag and a touch of Superthrive as noted above to 3 gallons of water.

Thinking it was nute burn, today (3 days after last watering - dry as a bone) I gave 3 gal water with less nutes of 8,2,10 ml of Flora Micro, Flora Gro, Flora Bloom instead of the full 12,3,15 ml.

Looking at the "Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver: Pictorial" thread in the FAQ forum, I am now thinking it is a Potassium or Phosphorus deficiency.

Yes/No or am I miss diagnosing?

This is only happening on these i49 High CBD plants (2) and not on my other Harlequin plants.

I am an avid user of superthrive early on, but never during flower. I’ve had it turn sensitive plants back toward veg- but not sure that’s the problem. It looks like burn of some kind, possibly from that flora micro. It’s been a while since I used GH nutes but I remember similar burn (just from following their instructions). It’s a bummer but probably not too late to save.

I am an avid user of superthrive early on, but never during flower. I’ve had it turn sensitive plants back toward veg- but not sure that’s the problem. It looks like burn of some kind, possibly from that flora micro. It’s been a while since I used GH nutes but I remember similar burn (just from following their instructions). It’s a bummer but probably not too late to save.
Good to know about the superthrive. How would it throw a plant back into veg?

I too have heard of many cases of superthrive not being good for flowering plants, but this is not the problem. The leaf damage looks like classic potassium deficiency. This can be caused by actual nute levels being low, pH not being adjusted correctly or salt lockout due to a buildup and a need for a 3x flush. I would start with the flush, and increase the nutes just a tad on the next watering.

I too have heard of many cases of superthrive not being good for flowering plants, but this is not the problem. The leaf damage looks like classic potassium deficiency. This can be caused by actual nute levels being low, pH not being adjusted correctly or salt lockout due to a buildup and a need for a 3x flush. I would start with the flush, and increase the nutes just a tad on the next watering.
Thanks Emily. 3x flush is a ton of water. :) Does flushed have to be at a specific ph and I assume to do the flush in a couple days when it is in need of watering?

As for nutes increase go to something like a 4,1,6 ml per gallon? Or is that not enough?

Could I use GH FloraKleen to speed up the process of flushing?

Thanks!!

Thanks Emily. 3x flush is a ton of water. :) Could I use GH FloraKleen to speed up the process of flushing? Oh, do flushed have to be at a specific ph?

As for nutes increase go to something like a 4,1,6 ml per gallon? Or is that not enough?

Thanks!!
yes, a flushing agent makes it easier to clean the soil of the buildups with less water, but flushing oftentimes will fix a problem like this... its one of the drawbacks of feeding from a bottle. The only reason we adjust pH is so that our nutes can free themselves of their edta bonds... since there are no nutes in the flush, there is no need to worry about pH. Regarding the nutes, whatever is about 25% more than you have been giving... that would be a good starting point with these large plants.

yes, a flushing agent makes it easier to clean the soil of the buildups with less water, but flushing oftentimes will fix a problem like this... its one of the drawbacks of feeding from a bottle. The only reason we adjust pH is so that our nutes can free themselves of their edta bonds... since there are no nutes in the flush, there is no need to worry about pH. Regarding the nutes, whatever is about 25% more than you have been giving... that would be a good starting point with these large plants.
:green_heart:

I assume I am to flush/feed when soil is dry again in a couple of days?

Sorry to keep bothering you. First time doing this. :/

yep, that would be when I did it... no need to move any faster than that... its pretty mild right now.
Your help, knowledge and reassurance is a huge asset to all on here.

You’ve displaced my anxieties with calm and a plan.

Thank you immeasurably

yep, that would be when I did it... no need to move any faster than that... its pretty mild right now.
Rereading this I have one last clarification. After I do the flush, do I do the feeding immediately after so the plant has nutes to use or wait to feed two days after the flush when she is dry again?

Re super thrive. B vitamins generally illicit a stress response in plants, it put the plant on high alert so IF it gets attacked it immediately reacts. Imagine it like this.
No b vitamin: you are at home, somebody breaks in and you have to react to defend.
With b vitamin: you are at home shooting targets in your basement with a fully loaded shotgun, intruder shot dead upon entry.

This is awesome for clones, veg state etc. But stress response in flower can stunt growth, can make plants un able to reach potential.

This is basically how harley Smith explained it. If you don't know who harley Smith is then YouTube search and listen intently to everything he says. Nobody has more or better advice imo

Back
Top Bottom