Deficiency or nute burn?

Zergling

Started to notice yellowing on leaf tips and wrinkled leaves a few days ago and its progressively getting worse. Even after flush. I'm running high ppm's but they were fine for the last 2 weeks with the same feeding. What could be different this time around? Using a 5 gallon res and changed every week. Res topped off with ph'ed water daily.

PPM 1800+
PH 5.8

Drip system with GH Flora Series.

ML Gro/Micro/Bloom - Per gallon
10/15/5

Sour Diesel
IMG_57843.JPG

Purple Trainwreck
IMG_57852.JPG

What I've read so far is your nutrients could have been building up for the last couple of weeks and not being used resulting in too much in the medium, I'm a newbie so I'm just speculating. :)

Yea, but I'm running in hydroton, which doesn't build up much nutes since it is always washed away. I've went ahead and added more water to the res to bring down the ppms to 1000. Hopefully it goes away. I've also added some calmag plus. However the GH flora has plenty of cal/mag.

Its probably nute burn but why all of a sudden. I've had vigorous growth up until now with the same feeding regimen. Its on both plants but the Sour Diesel is doing worse than the trainwreck. They are both sharing the same res.

What I've read so far is your nutrients could have been building up for the last couple of weeks and not being used resulting in too much in the medium, I'm a newbie so I'm just speculating. :)

Its getting worse, on 4/20 in the pm, I decided to run straight ph'ed tap water. Its been 2 days and its getting worse.

Sour Diesel
sourd422.JPG

Purple Trainwreck
purpt422.JPG

Any experienced growers can help that would be great.

yeah burn to me too. I use fox farm dirt. it has about everything in it to get them a good start. later as they grow will need to add alittle something something. I try not to mess with mine too much. plants usually tell you what they need. there a picture log on conditions you can check out I don't seem to be able to find it. but im sure one of these guys can point you in right direction. there very helpful.

Not sure where to go, hopefully its just delayed healing, 2 days of 100ppm tap water and its getting worse :O
They usually rebound back pretty quickly, but they've always stopped getting worse when flushed.

When ph'ing your water, patience pays; looks like some lock out issues to me, perhaps of P and or K, N pretty much makes it through no matter what unless you're very-very outa whack. I'd venture to guess your ph might be lower than 5.8, but only you can actually know. I noticed some cupping in your pics, what's the room temp...that could also be the culprit.

The ph fluctuates but I maintain it at 5.8. Im using a blue lab guardian with a newly calibrated probe. The room temp is 60 at night to 75 during lights on. I've notice the tap water is coming out at a higher than normal 8.4 ph. Using a 144x3 reflector LED's light about 18" away.
Haven't maintained humidity but is %50 - %70.

growth has slowed and it looks like the problem is slowing as well. Hopefully growth picks back up after 1/8th str feeding. I decided to LST both because those giant fan leaves block alot of light to the bottom nodes. Ill update with more photos when I notice significant changes.

Thanks for the help guys. It turns out they are just very slow to respond to the flush. Haven't noticed any new burn and the plants are continuing to grow albeit slowed, running about 1000ppms vs 1800+ which I normally do. I decided to top + lst them to increase shoots for future cloning sites. The Purple Trainwreck really likes heavy nutes, the sour D is more fickle.

Yea, but I'm running in hydroton, which doesn't build up much nutes since it is always washed away. I've went ahead and added more water to the res to bring down the ppms to 1000. Hopefully it goes away. I've also added some calmag plus. However the GH flora has plenty of cal/mag.

Its probably nute burn but why all of a sudden. I've had vigorous growth up until now with the same feeding regimen. Its on both plants but the Sour Diesel is doing worse than the trainwreck. They are both sharing the same res.
What veg week are you in? Could be a burn due to nutrient availability. I.e. your plant grew fine because they were not able to take in too much of select nutrient due to partial or complete lockout ( if nutes have been consistent then this makes sense ) new growth looks good so im pressed to call it burn kinda.. could be the plant is moving mobile nutrients.

Back
Top Bottom