Problematic or end of life cycle?

PlastekShark

Hey guys and gals!

Currently growing a Northern Lights Auto flower. 70/30 Coco/perlite
Almost into week 8 of flowering. Within the past 2-3 days the leaves rapidly changed yellow. Some have curled up and died. Sugar leaves have also started to change very quickly.

Feeding them 7ml CalMag, 3.5ml GH Micro, and 8ml GH Flora Bloom per gallon of distilled water. pHed to 5.9

20190611_135803.jpg
20190611_135819.jpg
20190611_135839.jpg
20190611_135826.jpg

Also, day 109 from the seed cracking. I'm assuming it's just done and ready for harvest. I've been waiting to see more amber trichomes. All the trichomes are milky but only seeing MAYBE 1 amber for every 100 trichs on calyxs. Sugar leaves have maybe 40% amber. Which I expect since they take on direct light.

Oof! Natural fade doesn't usually come on all at once like that so something else is going on. This late in the game though, when you start losing your sugar leaves like that, I'd say take it down.

I also think that with distilled water you would need to be a lot higher with the cal-mag than 7ml/gallon. But that's for the next grow!

@Pennywise has a lot more experience at this kind of diagnosis than I do, so I'd like to see what he thinks.

The leaf damage could be partly due to overfeeding at a stage where she was winding down and didn’t really need more food. In any case she’s done and not going to develop much more.
If it was my plant I would flush -lots of water-only- for a week, or at least a few days given that she’s so toasted already and may be well overdone in a week.
You could also just harvest if flushing isn’t your thing.

There’s a lot of food contained in the leaves and I like to see that used up at the end. Ideally I start looking at winding feedings down about three weeks before what I predict will the end. It’s something I keep screwing up too- where I feed two weeks before harvest and then wish I hadn’t.

There’s a lot of food contained in the leaves and I like to see that used up at the end. Ideally I start looking at winding feedings down about three weeks before what I predict will the end. It’s something I keep screwing up too- where I feed two weeks before harvest and then wish I hadn’t.

Thanks for your help Pennywise! I'm taking baby steps in the right direction. My first plant had 6 decent budsites. This plant has over 40 so I'm doing something right! I think what happened is the nitrogen got too high as I increased the CalMag as it's 2-0-0 my other nitrogen source is from the GH Micro so my concern is backing that off will also back off all my micro nutes. Reason for concern?

It’s a catch 22, but yea I’d back off the micro and be ready to give them a good dose if they look like they need it.

Thanks! I really appreciate it. I'll implement this new found knowledge on my next three plants. Going to drop some Dark Devil Autos I do believe. Might just do 2 and throw in a Massassin. Random strain I found browsing :cool:

Back
Top Bottom