Deficiency in coco seedling need help.

ImThat0n3Guy

420 Member
Hey guys so im growing in coco. I flushed the coco until i got a 5.8 runoff before i planted seedling. I started off with tap water, PPM around 120 then i add cal-mag until i reached 250 PPM. Now im feeding it veg nutes FFOF big bloom only with cal-mag. it only started on the tips of the leaves and now it has spread. I see it on the new growth as well but its only a couple of spots, but im sure it will spread unless i fix the issue. 1st time growing in coco also.
thumbnail (1).jpg
thumbnail.jpg

Why do you need cal/mag if you use tap water? I suggest 1/4 strength bloom nutes pH'd at 6.0 to substantial run off daily. Never use plain water in coco because it messes up the cation exchange capacity, and when you transplant I suggest adding more perlite - a 70/30 coco/perlite is good. Good luck.

Well ive read where people had over 300 ppm with tap water so i wanted to increase to at least 250 with just calmag. then i added some big bloom. I am around 500 ppm. I did do around 80/20 coco/perlite. Today im going to go buy some new nutes, specifically for coco. do you have any recommendations? I was thinking canna A&B.

so i guess i wont put cal mag and just put veg nutes to 300PPM?

Go 1/4 strength of FF schedule NOT off the bottle

Looks like maybe excess calmag issues and maybe nutes

Ppm means nothing if yer overdoing the nutes or have no specific plan when loading yer water

Hey thanks man for the info. Yeah man I’m a total noob to coco and growing in general. I used around 1/4 dose for the cal mag. I think I put around 5ml for 5 gal. And with the big bloom I used around 5 ml as well. I got around 500 ppm.

So I think I’m about to go to the hydro store and buy some new nutes. I only have cal mag and 2 of the 3 of the FFOF. I’m thinking of buying the advanced nutrients the sensi grow/bloom A&B. Buy some voodoo juice,B-52 as well.

Also when I checked the runoff it was around 800ppm so I flushed them. Lowered it back down To 500ppm. I think I’m going to buy RO WATER at Walmart.

Don't over do the nutes line

Keep it simple till you grasp the entire process. A huge line of nutes is worthless if yer constantly fighting issues

KISS baby. KISS

Coco takes time for sure, Water schedule is very very important

Don't fixate on ppm till you know how it is where it is, 500 ppm means nothing if you aren't positive how you got there and your % are dialed in

Start at 1/4 strength nutes and never go above 50% with base nutes, calmag is ok at 100% if you do go to RO water

Ok I will go basic on the nutes. So I’m going to buy the grow A&B and voodoo juice. Do you think i need B52?

Thanks again my dude. Ok so I will go full strength on cal mag with RO and do 1/4strength on base nutes. I can’t wait to see my little girls jump back.

Just remember RO water can vary a lot but sounds like your checking PPM consistently... do you have a res to let the chlorine gas off? We just got a new water plant converted to RO and it took me a bit to dial things in and get issues figured out but chlorine seemed to be the problem in the end... and I started adding cal mag at 10ml per gal and only add when watering. I also use pro mix hp which has ph buffers to help maintain a consistent ph, I don’t rely on that and still adjust ph manually just in case.

Just go base nutes and Calmag till you get it dialed in

Don't over think it

I ran basic Fox Farm nutes and Calmag ONLY my first few grows and worked fantastic

So keep is simple

Im not a pro but Ive ran coco in the past and even though it doesn't hold nutes I think you have nutrient burn I always held off on feeding until they hit the first growth spurt or have shown me they needed it

I use the GH 3 part as well...
:green_heart:
Great stuff and super cheap over all!

If I have any issues I just do a flush, usually around 3 times the pot size worth of water.... so for me I use 7 gal pots, run about 20 gal of water through her, I only ph the last 3 gal I run..... but haven’t had to do it yet for the GH line.

Back
Top Bottom