Denver Worker Blames Medical Pot For Accident

Ritialin is crap and I think if a Dr feels that a child would benefit, I'm for it. One thing I know for sure....it will NEVER be totally legalized without regulation...I just want a voice in those regulations! In fact, if they legalized it...I would have no problems with them taxing it! In fact, I have no issue with a "sin" tax, if they would use that money for education...our educational system in this country really needs help! It's too bad that some folks want to stand on their unrealistic soapbox and preach a message that will never happen -- I guess I am to much of a realist. :peace:

I guess what I'm trying to say is, there is so much to learn about cannabis, the people that use cannabis, and the business of cannabis that it is uncharted territory, and in a way, it's like space travel. Now we're pretty new to blasting out into space and traveling around and building things like space stations and such, but do you see the budding industry being regulated from its very inception? You can't tell me how deadly dangerous it is to leave our atmosphere, and now people are starting commercial space flights (see Virgin) this year--none of this would be happening if space travel were regulated before we even start traveling. Same with cannabis. We need to step back, let the budding industry bloom, and only then, IF it is necessary, intelligently regulate where we find problem areas that need guidance. It's the only logical and sane way to proceed...The blind cannot lead!

And so, left in the limbo of Prohibition, this poor high school coach and teacher and highly respected individual that has given so much to so many over his years of service is now viewed as a criminal for medicating on school grounds. And that is acceptable?

Simply put, it is not. Not in a million years....

Using this theory, everything should be free....we should just all share, I guess. Why should someone grow it, so you can smoke it....for free? I guess all food should be free, since it comes outta the earth, last I checked...we were still a capitalist society.:cheer: I guess you work at your job "for free":peace:

We're talking about Cannabis, are we not? Not about Chef Boyardee Raviolis. I guess I have a different mindset from you. If it were legal without restraint I would happily dedicate my free time to nurturing huge plants outdoors on my property, and I would happily share the many pounds of excess buds with family and friends who wanted / needed it and couldn't grow their own. Just like I happily, freely share the excess FOOD I grow. And yes, on occasion I work at my job for free, when I think it's the right thing to do.

Right now, many people pay black market prices for Cannabis that is helping to keep them active, productive, and alive. Cannabis is a plant that can produce an abundance of medicine with very little effort. The processing requirements are minimal. It doesn't need refrigeration or special packaging to keep fresh or to be distributed. I truly believe the need to charge $50 an eighth is inflated by greed and legislation. The more people that find out that they can benefit from it, the more people will be happy to grow as much as they can and share it with others that want or need it.

In my 35 years of experience with Cannabis, sharing with friends and family has always been part of the culture. Yes, along with my anti-pharmaceutical platform, legal Cannabis is my soapbox. I'm not saying that getting it legal for medical users is wrong; I'm saying that complete legalization is a better solution based on the facts. The only reason I know of to keep it under restraint is for profit.

You mention prohibition which is, most generally, associated with alcohol...and even now that alcohol is legal....it's not allowed on school grounds. I'm sorry, I don't want my children supervised by a teacher/coach that is on ANY mind-alterring substance! I think even if they have a perscription for narcotics, they should not be allowed to work while on them! If the pain is so bad - stay home.

You can't reasonably compare Cannabis to alcohol. I've used both...I know. The truth is, if your kids are in school they ARE being supervised by people under the influence of mind altering prescription medication and alcohol. I spoke with a friend recently whose father was a teacher at our school. He was an alcoholic, (now recovered), and my friend listed 4 other teachers from that time that died of alcohol related cirrhosis of the liver. Pharmaceuticals prescribed for anxiety, sleep, pain, etc. all cause side effects that alter the consciousness, and they are readily prescribed for and used by many people in authority. They can result in lack of motivation, depression. Cannabis, carefully administered, can lead to motivation, kindness, concern for others, thoughtful discussions, creativity, thinking outside of the box. I'd prefer my kids to be supervised by a person that expressed such attributes.

I don't wana hear "I do better on Pot", because the reality is...you are still "impaired"....how many times have you heard a friend/relative say "I drive better when I'm drunk."?

Because you don't want to hear it doesn't mean it's not true. I can be more impaired by lack of sleep than by smoking a hit of hash before bed and getting a great night's sleep, waking up refreshed and excited about a new day. And I have NEVER heard ANYONE say they can drive better when they're drunk. Even alcoholics are that honest about it.

It seems that, in all the zeal to get our wonderful plant legalized, that some, I mean some, folks go completely to the other extreme....we need to find a middle ground with some regulation as well as more freedoms for the consumers of it. A little "common sense" here and we could find that middle ground. If it means complete legalization for those over 18, I am willing to have a few rules....:Rasta:

Common sense is what I'm talking about. If you take the profit factor out of the equation, there is no good reason to keep Cannabis illegal. If you're using "MMJ" as a first step toward complete legalization, with or without restraint, let's be honest about it. Get the cards on the table. If you want "MMJ" so you can have a business doing something you love, be honest about it. Common sense says that if a person is not doing their job, or if they are harming others, there are already enough rules and regulations to take care of that. I read every day about people whose lives are seriously disrupted or ruined by the Cannabis laws, for doing something that ranges from harmless to beneficial.

judge a man by actions ! not from some reefer madness point of view... Some of the greatest minds of the world used Marijuana... When you are in pain... Low level pain every day of the week kind of pain and smoking marijuana helps you to control the pain than all means I think that you are entitle to chase your dream and Not let some pin head tell you otherwise... Most people can do their jobs because they are mature enough to know what they can do or cannot do... When you use any drug long enough your body builds up tolerance and you also can figure out your dosages on how much and when to take your medicine and still function like a norml person, based on past experiences...
Just my 10 cents worth...
( cost of giving opinions has gone up due to that we all have to pay off all the privy court cost that our elective officials make us pay fighting the against the real marijuana truth. ):surf:

P.S. Carl Sagan you can teach my kids any day of the week....

...A little "common sense"...:Rasta:

I like your signature:
"Prohibition goes beyond the bound of reason, attempting to control man's appetite by legislation & makes a crime out of things that are not. The law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded" -Abe Lincoln

Back
Top Bottom