Deputy Sheriff Caught Buying Pot in Drug Sting, Police Charge

Weedpipe

420 Member
Allentown, PA - A 29-year veteran of the Lehigh County Sheriff's Department was arrested two weeks ago and charged with buying marijuana during an undercover drug operation in south Allentown, authorities said.

Michael John Gladfelter, a sergeant with the sheriff's department, purchased $180 worth of marijuana on S. Woodward Street on Jan. 14 while under surveillance by state police narcotics officers, authorities said. Police did not release the name of the alleged dealer or whether he was arrested.

Gladfelter, 52, has been with the sheriff's department since 1981, including more than 18 years as a sergeant, according to Sheriff Ronald Rossi. Gladfelter has been suspended without pay pending an investigation and will probably be terminated, Rossi said.

Gladfelter will not be allowed to have a firearm because he violated the state's Controlled Substance, Drug, Device and Cosmetic Act, Rossi said.

''You would never expect someone who has been with the sheriff's office for so long, and is in court all the time and sees this drug business, to ever get involved,'' Rossi said. ''But some people, I don't know what makes them tick.

''Like I said, he will not work for me.''

According to the criminal complaint:

Gladfelter pulled up alone in his truck at 6 p.m. on S. Woodward Street, between Camp and W. Saucon streets, and paid the dealer $180 for marijuana. Gladfelter was arrested at the scene and police found a smoking pipe in his pockets during a search.

He was taken to state police barracks in Bethlehem, where he gave a written statement and admitted buying the marijuana, saying it was for his personal use.

Gladfelter was charged with intentional purchase of marijuana, possession of a small amount of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia, all misdemeanors. He was released and mailed a summons to appear in court.

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 Magazine - Cannabis Culture News & Reviews
Source: The Morning Call
Author: Manuel Gamiz Jr
Copyright: 2010, The Morning Call
Website:Deputy sheriff caught buying pot in drug sting, police charge

oh, there will probably be a story in the next day or so explaining that he was part of a double secret undercover buying operation, and the other police were not informed of his assignment. never know, they might come up with something even better than that ... :peace:

See how low drugs have made you go officer? :roorrip:

They ought to give him a medal.

Hey, I coulda told u guyz that the cops in my area are dirty. I think it good that he gets to see what he's been doing to easygoing stoners for 29 years.

Good point ! I wonder what his arrest record is when it comes marijuana...?
Either he's a hypocrite for arresting people or Hero for not... it would be interesting to know... :surf:

Weedpipe, it was internal affairs conducting a sting operation to see if officers would arrest a fellow police officer. So it was a double undercover op like you said. Ya right... This is just another reason to make it legal even police officers know it's a good thing for the human race... So 28 year old veteran career goes down the pipe..:surf:

My bad, I screwed up... :roorrip:

Back
Top Bottom