Derek910's 2021 Multiple Strain Grow

Flower Day 41, Grow Day 118

All the plants are pushing out a new round of white hairs and the calyxes are starting to swell. Only a few weeks left to go!! It smells so good inside the tent. Also, the buds are starting to sag because of the weight. I've connected a few plant yo-yos for the ones that are. I'll keep adding them as the buds get heavier.

White Widow
IMG_0482.jpg

Phantom OG
IMG_0483.jpg

Gelato
IMG_0484.jpg

Star Doggie
IMG_0485.jpg
COWABUNGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn, starting to throw some serious colors out. HUGE buds. What an amazing job. Really impressive. I can't imagine how excited you must be. Good for you!

Hot dam, those colas are certainly adding weight. Plant yo-yo's, what a wonderful problem to have when you need those :laughtwo: I need to invest in a couple packs of them myself just in case. I normally use bamboo, but that could prove difficult with a dozen plants.

Plants are really looking great, I have the feeling that they are going to swell up quite a bit more yet.

COWABUNGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn, starting to throw some serious colors out. HUGE buds. What an amazing job. Really impressive. I can't imagine how excited you must be. Good for you!
Yeah I can't wait for these to finish!!!

Hot dam, those colas are certainly adding weight. Plant yo-yo's, what a wonderful problem to have when you need those :laughtwo: I need to invest in a couple packs of them myself just in case. I normally use bamboo, but that could prove difficult with a dozen plants.

Plants are really looking great, I have the feeling that they are going to swell up quite a bit more yet.
Thanks. I like using stakes and the yo-yos. I can't wait to see what the final yield ends up being on these. Just hope I don't start smoking it before I weigh it all lol. Sometimes I forget

I just wanna smoke it :laughtwo: I don't care, but I do care, how much of said smoke I get :lot-o-toke:
I know! Every time I do I say to myself, "screw it, it's mine, I grew it." As if I need to justify it to myself. :laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:

Flower Day 47, Grow Day 124

The yellowing hasn't gotten any worse but some of the leaves are starting to dry out. I'm going to chalk it up to they are just finishing soon. On my next run I'm going to try and run 8 plants in a Sea of Green (SOG). Think their final pots will only be 1 gallon pots and just flip them early so they don't out grow the pots. That way I'll have 8 different strain varieties, but just smaller plants. Should be able to shave off a few weeks of total grow time. We'll see, it's for testing purposes. Had to add a few more plant yo-yos and also removed some fan leaves to let some light in to the lower buds. Shouldn't be much longer.

IMG_0498.jpg

White Widow
IMG_0499.jpg

Phantom OG
IMG_0500.jpg

Gelato
IMG_0501.jpg

Star Doggie
IMG_0502.jpg

Flower Day 47, Grow Day 124

The yellowing hasn't gotten any worse but some of the leaves are starting to dry out. I'm going to chalk it up to they are just finishing soon. On my next run I'm going to try and run 8 plants in a Sea of Green (SOG). Think their final pots will only be 1 gallon pots and just flip them early so they don't out grow the pots. That way I'll have 8 different strain varieties, but just smaller plants. Should be able to shave off a few weeks of total grow time. We'll see, it's for testing purposes. Had to add a few more plant yo-yos and also removed some fan leaves to let some light in to the lower buds. Shouldn't be much longer.

IMG_0498.jpg

White Widow
IMG_0499.jpg

Phantom OG
IMG_0500.jpg

Gelato
IMG_0501.jpg

Star Doggie
IMG_0502.jpg
Wow those are amazing man. Really pro grow and gorgeous plants. I agree that yellowing just looks like the plant using up all it's stuff before finishing to me. Early? Day 47. Is that including the stretch? That is pretty quick for buds as big and chunky as these are. I can't wait to see your finished product and what the buds look like all trimmed. I'm sure you can't either, lol. All my photos are supposed to be done in 45 days according to the breeder (HSC). I didn't think that was possible. But seeing where you are at 47 I'm thinking maybe it is. Anyway, great grow, really impressive. And damn that purple plant is absolutely sexy as hell.

Wow those are amazing man. Really pro grow and gorgeous plants. I agree that yellowing just looks like the plant using up all it's stuff before finishing to me. Early? Day 47. Is that including the stretch? That is pretty quick for buds as big and chunky as these are. I can't wait to see your finished product and what the buds look like all trimmed. I'm sure you can't either, lol. All my photos are supposed to be done in 45 days according to the breeder (HSC). I didn't think that was possible. But seeing where you are at 47 I'm thinking maybe it is. Anyway, great grow, really impressive. And damn that purple plant is absolutely sexy as hell.
Thank you. I count them in a transition period for 14 days when I flip them before I start counting them in flower. That’s why they seem big for 47 days. The breeder timeframes are always short. From what I’ve read breeders count the flower days from full bloom instead of the flip. Which takes about 14 days. The Star Doggie is a great strain. Frosty as shit too.

Thank you. I count them in a transition period for 14 days when I flip them before I start counting them in flower. That’s why they seem big for 47 days. The breeder timeframes are always short. From what I’ve read breeders count the flower days from full bloom instead of the flip. Which takes about 14 days. The Star Doggie is a great strain. Frosty as shit too.
Still, that's only 61 days of flower overall which is still pretty quick to me. And yes, I usually think in terms of adding two weeks to the breeder time either cuz I don't know if they include the stretch or not, and cuz I know they underestimate it to seem faster to sell more seeds. Star Doggie eh? Gorgeous. Bet she makes really good distillates of whatever sort and smells like a dream.

Still, that's only 61 days of flower overall which is still pretty quick to me. And yes, I usually think in terms of adding two weeks to the breeder time either cuz I don't know if they include the stretch or not, and cuz I know they underestimate it to seem faster to sell more seeds. Star Doggie eh? Gorgeous. Bet she makes really good distillates of whatever sort and smells like a dream.
Yeah it’s an odd name. I got them because I ordered Green Crack seeds and I guess after I placed my order they realized they were out. They offered me a couple other strains I hadn’t heard of so when I looked them up the Star Doggie was like $50 a seed and I only paid maybe $12 per seed for the Green Crack. So I jumped all over it and glad I did. I grew it on my last run, and I really like it. I smoke flower and also make vape juice from rosin that I press from it. Then I make gummies out of all the trim and popcorn larfy stuff from the lower buds. All of it was fire.

Flower Day 50, Grow Day 127

They smell so good! Quick photo update, nothing much else to report right now

IMG_0513.jpg

White Widow
IMG_0514.jpg

Phantom OG
IMG_0515.jpg

Gelato
IMG_0516.jpg

Star Doggie
IMG_0517.jpg
Is it just my lack of experience or are your buds fricking huge for only Day 50 of flower? They sure as hell look gigantic to me. What a grow!! Must smell like the nice neighborhood in the Garden of Eden in there.

Is it just my lack of experience or are your buds fricking huge for only Day 50 of flower? They sure as hell look gigantic to me. What a grow!! Must smell like the nice neighborhood in the Garden of Eden in there.
I appreciate it. I love the smell in there. It won't be too much longer and they'll be taking a 36 hour nap before I chop them.

Flower Day 60, Grow Day 137

Tomorrow will be their last day of light. Once the lights go off they will get a 36 hour nap and then the chop.

IMG_0609.jpg

Here is the start of my next run. I will start a journal for them in the next couple of days. The one on the bottom right got a late start because the first seed of that strain was a dud.

IMG_0610.jpg

Back
Top Bottom