Diagnosis Please

flexy123

About two weeks into flowering. Feed as usual, that is w/ soil, feeding organic "PlantMagic Oldtimer" according to bottle, 3ml per L as I always did.

I didn't have this problem the previous year, aside from the usual yellowing of lower fan leaves.

But THIS is extreme - something is seriously off. I also didn't have the yellowing on the edges of the leaves on the upper leaves last year.

DSCN2150b.JPG

Serious N deficiency?? Why? I DON'T think I am over-watering them.

Nutes gone bad? (I have them for 10 months or so, but store in a dry/dark place)

I am at a loss here.

Not really. At this point I don't care since those I have flowering are my last I do in soil, all the the others right now are in Hydro/Hempies and I am using different nutes. I really strongly suspect that the nutes have gone bad or something. I grew the exact same strains last year, same nutes, same regime....

I suspect there is something with PlantMagic Oldtimer Organic (the nutes I use) since I heard lots of people running into SOME deficiency later on in flowering. So a little yellowing was always normal, but this time it's extreme. Anyway they're about 1 week or so before harvest so I can't do too much. Also...in my green house (where I now have the hempies/Hydro) I have TWO small autos which I also staarted in soil, they ALSO look like shit. (In other words: All those I did in soil and where I use PlantMagic look awful! All the Hempies look awesome and grow like monsters, in comparison)

Not really. At this point I don't care since those I have flowering are my last I do in soil, all the the others right now are in Hydro/Hempies and I am using different nutes. I really strongly suspect that the nutes have gone bad or something. I grew the exact same strains last year, same nutes, same regime....

I suspect there is something with PlantMagic Oldtimer Organic (the nutes I use) since I heard lots of people running into SOME deficiency later on in flowering. So a little yellowing was always normal, but this time it's extreme. Anyway they're about 1 week or so before harvest so I can't do too much. Also...in my green house (where I now have the hempies/Hydro) I have TWO small autos which I also staarted in soil, they ALSO look like shit. (In other words: All those I did in soil and where I use PlantMagic look awful! All the Hempies look awesome and grow like monsters, in comparison)

U do not need nutes to grow a happy healthy girl

Outdoors organicshttps://www.420magazine.com/forums/journals-in-progress/274432-kera-bubblegum-northern-lights-afghan-lime-my-3-strains-im-growing.html

I have to disagree, from one Ohio Boy to another Ohio Boy and to our new friend. Give the plant a GOOD FLUSHING Water only for a couple of days, then:morenutes: Resume your nute schedule. Here is an example:
FOX FARMS FEEDING SCHEDULES
WEEKLY FEEDING- per Gallon
Sprouting and week 1--BigBloom 2TBS
week 2-- 2tsp Grow Big + 2TBS Big Bloom
Week 3--3tsp Grow Big + 2TBS Big Bloom
Week 4--JUST 3 tspGrow Big + 1/4 tsp Open Sesame
Week 5 same as week 4 unless going 12/12--
Week 5- OR--day 1 of 12/12-- 2 tsp Tiger Bloom +1TBS Big Bloom + 1/2 tsp Open Sesame
Week 6--same as above
Week 7-- 2 Tsp Grow Big + 2 tsp Tiger Bloom +1TBS Big Bloom + 1/4 tsp Beastie Bloom
Week 8-- 2Tsp Grow Big + 2 tsp Tiger Bloom +1TBS Big Bloom + 1/2 tsp Beastie Bloom
Week 9-- 2 tsp Tiger Bloom +1TBS Big Bloom + 1/4 tsp Cha Ching
week 10-- Same as above
Week 11--2 tsp Tiger Bloom +1TBS Big Bloom + 1/2 tsp Cha Ching
At beginning of week 11--Check Trichomes-- Flush if ready.. otherwise, continue as with week 11 every week until you flush!
Also recomended--but not a nessesity--
Bush Doctor Sledgehammer (prevents lock-out)
use 2 drops per gallon of water between feedings starting in week 4 of 12/12
I hope this helps!

Hey mate. You need to flush them now and i mean right now. Flush with ph d water with no more than 1/4 nutes. Id advise a tea spoon of Epsom salts in the flush mix also.
Its a deficiency for sure.
Get it all back to healthy and next week continue on with grow as normal.
Plants look like they were doing great.
All the best mate.

Sent from my SM-J110F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You said there a week from finished.
Plants leaves go yellow at end of grow cycle and that is normal. The buds are taking all the goodness.
Do this last week or so as a flush. Dont kick yourself.
I think you have done fine. Watch the buds grow in this final week.
Be sure to not rush picking as a few days early is a lot of missed bud size. Also dry it slowly. No faster than a week. Better off slow drying for 3 weeks.
Enjoy your harvest

Sent from my SM-J110F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yes I know, check my journal, this is is my second grow season. But this year there is just MUCH more yellow and especially the edges of the leaves...this I didn't have last year. I wouldn't otherwise worry about a few yellow fan leaves in flowering, they're normal as you say.

As for drying: I TOTALLY agree, my wife has a habit not letting them dry long enough..I always tell her they need longer :)

Back
Top Bottom