Did weed effect your music taste?

provoken

Before I started smoking MJ I was really into gangsta rap and some hard rock. After I started smoking MJ I noticed my music style changed dramatically. I started getting into Reggae, classic rock from the 50's-70's and blues rock. When I quit for over a year my music style changed back to rap and pop, but than when I got back into smoking my music style shifted back into classic rock and bluesy rock.

Did anybody else experience this as they started smoking cannabis? I'm curious as to why pot affects music style?

Back in the 70's I was a big fan of anything the Beatles uttered when I was straight (which wasn't often). When stoned, their music was akin to fingernails on a chalk board! With a good high, Joplin & Hendrix was where it was at. Also enjoyed a lot of the balladeers of the day that presented a message that was probably not nearly as deep as I thought it was then.

Cannabis is the way to go! It changed the taste of music I listened to and it opened my mind to listen to more different kinds and styles of music. It's so awesome! I used to listened to only rock music from my favorite bands like: Blink 182, Green Day, Nirvana, The Jimi Hendrix Experience; those types of bands. Now I also listen to my favorite reggae musician: Bob Marley. And my favorite Ska Punk Band: Sublime.

I can't get enough of them now. :smokin:

I came here really honestly thinking that you were actually talking about music affecting plant growth, which is something I did actually do my homework on a few times, and since I doubt you'll believe me take what I say and when you have some time actually look it up. There have been studies done on how different types of music affect both plants and water which is frozen... I know sounds like I've been enjoying myself a bit too much during the night, but I am totally serious and I'm telling tall tales, like I said do your own research. When music such as classical and by that I mean the things like Bach, Beethoven, etc... is play while water is being frozen they will freeze in very complex patterns like snowflakes, snowflakes where also tested in this research as well, and so were plants. Yet when musics such as rap, heavy metal etc... were played the patterns were erratic and had no complex structures at all, in fact they lacked patterns. Which then led to studies being done on DNA and musics, and even the human brain and music and how neural patters devolved differently. Which once again before you think I'm bluffing do your own hardcore research, I have really dug into this stuff and helped people I know write papers for collage on this stuff, hence why I know its not a load of smoke.

So as the people above stated, smoking weed can change your perspectives on music, perhaps there is actually more to it, as the smoke relaxes your mind and allows you to start to create more complex neutral pathways and thus your interest in music equally changes. Being 100% serious I have decided that knowing everything I know about this I was going to do some of my own research on these matters and see if I can change the complex tastes by using different music...

Before I started smoking MJ I was really into gangsta rap and some hard rock. After I started smoking MJ I noticed my music style changed dramatically. I started getting into Reggae, classic rock from the 50's-70's and blues rock. When I quit for over a year my music style changed back to rap and pop, but than when I got back into smoking my music style shifted back into classic rock and bluesy rock.

Did anybody else experience this as they started smoking cannabis? I'm curious as to why pot affects music style?

Dude, it was identical to what you said! Thats too funny. Same thing here, rap/rock without pot....and then 50-70's rock (road tripping radio) on pandora, Hendrix and of course Marley. So it may not be the same for most, but you def hit the nail on the head here. Take it easy and enjoy the tunes.

My music taste slightly changes after I toke. I usually look for some chilled hip hop or raggae. When I'm sober I often listen to EDM but I dont quite enjoy it after smoking up.

I started smoking when I was about 13, having been anxious to try weed since I was about 10 (because I knew my older brothers smoked.) So my tastes began developing into what they are at that young age, most definitely influenced by smoking bud. The older brothers influenced what I listened to, as well... I got into classic rock & folk from the 60's, 70's & 80's mostly. Melanie, Janis, Blue Cheer, Donovan, Lovin' Spoonful, Hendrix, The Doors, The Doobies, Grand Funk & The Pentangle, to name a few. I'm familiar with jazz & rap & all kinds of other stuff ~ But when I toke, I gravitate towards those hippy/high classics.

Back
Top Bottom