Difference in cuttings

quietonthe401

Hello everyone,
I have a few (11)mothers and they were too big so i topped and cloned just the leaders(50) and now all the secondary shoots I left (maybe 150?) are also getting pretty big. The tops(50) I cut look beautiful and healthy but I dont need all these clones!
I was asking if anyone has noticed a difference in the leader clones and the secondary in regards to potency, or toughness or any other differences! Cause if there is no diff. then I start a new batch to get the spring timing better.
90 cutting total,100% lived, Ive never made that many cuttings , but I read until I understood the basics. Quick,Clean,Organized!

Congrats on your sucessfull cuttings. I wasn't so good at it at first lol.

The only difference between top cutting clones and side limb cutting clones is the meristem you are using to grow the plant from. A meristem is the portion of a plant were some or all of the new growth originates from. The tops of the plants have the apical or main meristem. I have seen these clones recover and grow a bit quicker than the lateral meristem, or side branch, clones.

Also note that a clone is a part of the mother plant. If you took a clone off of a sickly and or stressed mother, your clone may be sickly and or take longer to recover from the cloning process.

Keep us posted on your progress please.

So the only difference is a head start growing. Good!
I will perhaps post pics, if I can borrow a camera. Ive cloned before but only 10 cutting at the most with reasonable success. Its always been done in the shed or basement where the wife and kids couldn't find it. First time with lots of room and my green thumb is so green its starting to glow.lol It's an interesting way to spend time and its beats chasing around twenty bags.

Back
Top Bottom