Hey everyone, so started cloning buds, and with a partner there comes debate: so I'm not the authority on growing techniques so I figured I'd ask here

Started cloning for monster crops from budding plants. There are differences of opinion and I wanted to ask you guys what works best. Here is a pic of my recent cloning, how does it look? Cut flower (leaving about an inch on stem. Dipped in rooting compound and inserted cutting into cube. (soaked cube first). Also when do flowers start to losee potency? Herr are my buds now (8 weeks into flower, smells amazing). About 90% red hairs. Pic added.
Thnx
DrBudRescuePhDnTHC

Attachments

• 20191005_195633.jpg
    20191005_195633.jpg
    403 KB · Views: 124
  • 1570320472910-715207175.jpg
    1570320472910-715207175.jpg
    505.8 KB · Views: 133
  • 1570320530045-1278548381.jpg
    1570320530045-1278548381.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 129
  • 1570320561667-1994133922.jpg
    1570320561667-1994133922.jpg
    509 KB · Views: 127
Cloning budding plants is highly over rated. If you have to do it can be done. So much time is wasted though. Plants can be trained to bush out you don't need all those excess branches. In lots of case's it is better to re-veg the whole plant then take clones from the mother when she recovers.

So much crap on the internet about growing. It is hard for new growers to not get caught up in it all. I am not trashing this thread. Just trying to give a little help

Yeah it can be done, takes time and ca be a ballache too but if you need to cut and have the time you will be fine. When I take mc as soon as I see the plant has rooted I try to remove as many flowers as possible. It helps with the reveg imo. Other than that treat like a normal clone and be patient

Hey Dr. Welcome to 420 Magazine.
I agree with Jackalope. Monster cropping is not a "technique" in my mind. It's more like "oh crap I wish I had cloned that plant before switching to flower"...
I did it for the fist time recently and was not impressed. It's so slow... but if it's your only option as an after thought it can get the job done.
Looks like your doing fine. If you don't have one already pickup a jewelers loupe or some kind of magnification to inspect the trichomes. Good luck.

Cloning budding plants is highly over rated. If you have to do it can be done. So much time is wasted though. Plants can be trained to bush out you don't need all those excess branches.

I agree, but...

In lots of case's it is better to re-veg the whole plant then take clones from the mother when she recovers.

I just sort of figured people did it out of fear that they wouldn't be successful at getting the plant to reenter the vegetative growth phase.

Best time to take a cutting is early, anyway, IMHO. It's not like they require lots of room, light, or other resources. Keep one alive in the lid from a can of shaving cream if you really have to, lol.

I love it when people agree with me LMAO.

As long as everything stays alive it really doesn't matter how you get there. Hope all works well for you. I only mentioned all that other stuff for future reference.

On the bright side it is a skill you will learn. Trust me at some point in time everyone has a (Shit I should have cloned that, moment) Every skill you learn growing will be needed at some point in time again.

Back
Top Bottom