direless (as in always in dire straits but tireless about it)

direless

high from NO Dak, I will be amazed if I find anyone from our fridgid north country here. The state has fewer people then most cities which is both a blessing and a conservative curse.

I have been lurking for awhile now and thought it was time to intro myself, and get involved in a grow forum, which seems the best way to get help and support.

I have started my first grow since the early 70's (not to date myself or anything)and things have gotten a bit more sophisticated then the "throw the bagseed into a paper towel and stick it into a peat pot" Not to mention that when I started smoking weed you bought a "a four finger bag for 10-12 bucks" LOL.

I have a number of reasons for MMJ most recently arthritis in my hand from years of bicycling, but I am not complaining that has kept me young otherwise. But, mostly I like the fact that the Mother herb promotes love and kindness in it's users

I learned a great deal here already and am looking forward to both giving and receiving help, I do have a bit of a learning curve however, I just learned how to load pics onto my computer and man some of these abbr. really make think too hard!! I still don't know what IMO means, and I'm sure I will be embarrased when I find out. So any feedback on the basic mechanics of posting will also be much appreciated, like how to get those great signitures, and I want a really cool avatar image.

Peace and Love people

Welcome, I am also a newbie! Hail from DC but now live in thailand. Here are some abbreviations to get you started.

IMO - in my opinion
IMHO - in my humble opinion

Once I figure out some more, will send them your way!

Thanks Benz, I appreciate the info. Thailand, I been alot of places but the east is still on my list

Hi direless, there's a lot of older people here. you'll fit right in.
:welcome: to the 420Magazine forums. :welcome:
Thanks for joining us in spreading cannabis/hemp awareness.
Hope you have a nice Easter, and I'll see you in the forums.
:peace:

Thanks Coco Joe it is nice to feel welcomed

High direless,
You will fit right in here at 420, My Friend. Please make yourself at home. :welcome:

You can ask CocoJoe or I any Questions you may have about how things run around here. That is our job.
You can also find Useful information in the Green Links Below in our Signtures.

Cannabis grow is always move forward becoming more exciting and more rewarding, tips and trick are posted daily.
Best to look over the grow Journals and find a grower you would like to simulate.
Journals in Progress - 420 Magazine

Everyone here, You will find are ALL welling to help and/or point your in the right direction.
With all the Wonderful Knowledge, Fantastic Growers, Members and Staff you and 420 will help each other to produce excellent Meds. ;)

Take it slow, ask your questions and Continue to do the research.
We all here for you Brother. :thumb:
Enjoy and See you in the forums. :peace:
:roorrip:

high from NO Dak, I will be amazed if I find anyone from our fridgid north country here. The state has fewer people then most cities which is both a blessing and a conservative curse.

I have been lurking for awhile now and thought it was time to intro myself, and get involved in a grow forum, which seems the best way to get help and support.

I have started my first grow since the early 70's (not to date myself or anything)and things have gotten a bit more sophisticated then the "throw the bagseed into a paper towel and stick it into a peat pot" Not to mention that when I started smoking weed you bought a "a four finger bag for 10-12 bucks" LOL.

Welcome friend! Lemme buy ya a drink.:popcorn: You made a coment that deserves one. What struck my nerve on your post and brought back a pleasant flashback was the comment on the 4 or 5 finger bag. In NE Oklahoma, "back in the day" that is how a sack (oz) was measured. 4 or 5 fingers in width, and also, if you remember, an OZ usually got you 40+ grams, and if ya got a lb, you ended up with 17 oz AFTER the stems. Yes my friend, those days are indeed over, but what a visit down memory lane. :bravo: Now, about technology "back in the day". My first indoor grow (12x14 room) consisted of 7 rows of 4" PVC pipe with 3" holes drilled every 16" inches looping with 90's back and forth. I had three 30 gallon reservoirs tied together with 3 1000 watt MH ballasts, all powered automatically by a Radio Shack whole house control. LOL. (I don't think Radio Shack even makes them anymore) Back then, I called it an indoor grow. Now I think they have came up with a fancy name for it that sounds better than mine. NFT (Nutrient Film Technique). Shouldn't I get a royalty from that or something? :cheer: I won't hold my breath on that one...
Anyway, welcome aboard. Your gonna find more combined knowledge here than in any other depository on the globe. I'm thinking 420 needs to do a backup on something that will last forever, and be deposited where that big arctic seed bank is....with every breed/crossbreed of herb known to man....Hey, what ya want to bet they already HAVE done that.... so in the event of a global catastrophe that wipes out mankind, whatever little ET finds this storehouse will have a shit eating grin on their face....:slide:
PS BTW, Dire Straights is one I've not only grown up on, but the like of Dillon, Floyd, ect. Oldies are timeless, just like me. Time for a good :roorrip:, and hit the hay.

Peace

hey misterpeabody

ya the memories, bud sure has come along way from the some of the stuff I use to find back in the day.
You are certainly right about the amt of info here and it has so far been invaluable.
looking forward to a good learning grow and probably a few "hard knocks" as well

Back
Top Bottom