Newbie in MI

BakedApple

First and foremost I hope everyone is doing well despite the year most of us have been having!

I'm new to growing, working on my first crop currently, and just thought i'd make an introduction.

I started over on GC forums and found this community - which seems more active - after doing some researching and coming across Emilya's watering guide (really well written btw). I failed at my actual first attempt with some purchased clones, though I still don't know exactly what I did wrong. Now I am giving it another go with some gifted clones that have a more established root system. They are currently in Promix HP and I have bought some botanicare nutes as I was lured in by the organic phrasing (even though its obviously not quite organic).

My goal is to eventually grow in a super soil I've made myself so that I can do the whole water only style and get the awesome flavors associated with soil grows.

I am reading as much as possible to learn all I can but i'm more of a hands on learning type. I want growing to be my new hobby, I really enjoy learning about it and really want to learn everything I can. I hope that maybe one day I can be knowledgeable enough to know exactly what nutrients at a glance I need to put into my plants to get them to do what I want. There's a vast array of knowledge on the internet and thats not counting all the grow bibles there are (books). It's easy to overthink!

I find myself different than a lot of my friends who smoke. I would classify myself as more of a connoisseur when it comes to cannabis. I like learning about each strain and trying each strain for the first time through clean glass to get unadulterated flavor and let the high tell me what I think about the strain. I love trying new strains. My friends on the other hand just care if its "Dank" which yeah we want potent medicine!

Either way, thats enough rambling. Thanks for having me!

Hi BakedApple, you came to the right place! Welcome! Your grow sounds good. I use Emilya watering too, she's very thoughtful and technical writing is one of her strengths. Living Organic Soil is what I'm in and I got into it through True Living Organics by The Rev. So start a journal and we'll see you around.

First and foremost I hope everyone is doing well despite the year most of us have been having!

I'm new to growing, working on my first crop currently, and just thought i'd make an introduction.

I started over on GC forums and found this community - which seems more active - after doing some researching and coming across Emilya's watering guide (really well written btw). I failed at my actual first attempt with some purchased clones, though I still don't know exactly what I did wrong. Now I am giving it another go with some gifted clones that have a more established root system. They are currently in Promix HP and I have bought some botanicare nutes as I was lured in by the organic phrasing (even though its obviously not quite organic).

My goal is to eventually grow in a super soil I've made myself so that I can do the whole water only style and get the awesome flavors associated with soil grows.

I am reading as much as possible to learn all I can but i'm more of a hands on learning type. I want growing to be my new hobby, I really enjoy learning about it and really want to learn everything I can. I hope that maybe one day I can be knowledgeable enough to know exactly what nutrients at a glance I need to put into my plants to get them to do what I want. There's a vast array of knowledge on the internet and thats not counting all the grow bibles there are (books). It's easy to overthink!

I find myself different than a lot of my friends who smoke. I would classify myself as more of a connoisseur when it comes to cannabis. I like learning about each strain and trying each strain for the first time through clean glass to get unadulterated flavor and let the high tell me what I think about the strain. I love trying new strains. My friends on the other hand just care if its "Dank" which yeah we want potent medicine!

Either way, thats enough rambling. Thanks for having me!

Welcome @BakedApple to :420:

You seem to be on track for some success, and I hope you find it! To help achieve that goal, might I recommend you start up a journal as soon as you can? While I'm not one, this community is filled with people who know their stuff, and can follow along your grow to give advice. It's a great feature!

Either way I wish you a successful harvest!

Welcome @BakedApple to :420:

You seem to be on track for some success, and I hope you find it! To help achieve that goal, might I recommend you start up a journal as soon as you can? While I'm not one, this community is filled with people who know their stuff, and can follow along your grow to give advice. It's a great feature!

Either way I wish you a successful harvest!
I'm not sure if thats me or not! I have never been good at that type of thing, even if I got one started keeping it up to date would be the killer :p

That being said, i do need to start writing down my watering cycles and what not.

Hello and welcome! :hookah:

I'm not sure if thats me or not! I have never been good at that type of thing, even if I got one started keeping it up to date would be the killer :p

That being said, i do need to start writing down my watering cycles and what not.
You know I would have said the same thing. Truth is it's an extremely valuable resource for a new grower. You can look back on your next grow and compare the progress. And it's a lot of fun too :yahoo:

:welcome:

Back
Top Bottom