Self Sufficient Midwest MI Grower

Morda Grown

Hello everyone I live in Midwest Michigan and now that I can grow in my state, I'm coming out of the closet so to speak. Been smoking since the 70's and had a few grows, nothing to brag about. I decided I now want to be self sufficient in my grows. I also what to start manipulating strains and fine tune a strain just for me. Last years grow was to get my own seeds and pollen. This year I want to try my hand at sexing seeds. I know some don't think it works and I that am just wasting my time. Well to them I say, Ok, thank you but, I'm doing it anyway. Also started dabbeling in bubble hash, I am old school and love the taste of hash. I hope to learn and help as I can while I'm here.

Smoke On!:passitleft:

Hello everyone I live in Midwest Michigan and now that I can grow in my state, I'm coming out of the closet so to speak. Been smoking since the 70's and had a few grows, nothing to brag about. I decided I now want to be self sufficient in my grows. I also what to start manipulating strains and fine tune a strain just for me. Last years grow was to get my own seeds and pollen. This year I want to try my hand at sexing seeds. I know some don't think it works and I that am just wasting my time. Well to them I say, Ok, thank you but, I'm doing it anyway. Also started dabbeling in bubble hash, I am old school and love the taste of hash. I hope to learn and help as I can while I'm here.

Smoke On!:passitleft:
Hey @Morda Grown hope you are well.
Welcome to 420magazine my friend. :welcome:
Bill

Welcome Morda Grown, Mmmmm hash! Have you seen Frenchy Connolly's work?
Thank you for the welcome, Watched every vid I could find of his work. :yahoo:

Oh hello fellow Michigander! I love hash <3 You got any plants going right now? What would your ideal strain look like in terms of effects and flavor?
Thank you for the welcome!, Yes I have my grow going for the year. I got hit with that early frost/freeze and it killed half my plants. >:( Dang MI weather is Bi-Poler. Because of this we are building a high tunnel this summer. I started replacement seeds but, I lost some nice plants. Here are a few that survived.

deck01.jpg
fence01.jpg
garden01.jpg

The two larger plants in the back of the garden are survives, the smaller one in front is one that I had keep in the house. The others are seed to ground plants replacing the five that died from frost. The very back (Number 8) went to flower and went hermi, my guess it is from the stress of the cold.

This is my 1 Bubba Kush I started on 4/20:
babybubba01.jpg

It started nice and tight and in a few weeks went leggy. It is about 3ft tall atm.

Once we get the high tunnel up I will get some seeds I can identify. Except for the Bubba I have no clue what the others are. I know they are Sativa-Indica hybrid and the buds when dried looking like Northern Lights. Unlike the skunky Bubba, is a very piney scented bud. We sorced the plants from a friend and he did not know what they were. My goal over time is to breed for the hash flavor, that blond hash from days gone by. :yummy: My Wife wants Dabs so there is that too. She also wants some OG so that will be for the High Tunnel the next grow.

I'm hoping for a good outdoor grow this year then run the whole plant through the washer. I tried his hot water rolling once in a real small way and it turned out great.
I had the chance to do some hash last year, only got the bags and did the Ice bath. We were strapped for cash so I did not get a washer. I do want one because it will keep the contaminates down. I hot rolled what I could and made temple balls from what I had, and they are good.

I think I will pass this year on an outdoor grow.

Last year was a real bear trying to keep them alive. With high and very low temp, getting water from a creek and carrying to the grow site every other day was a real pain.

I'll pass until I move, trying for next year.
This year was a bad one for me, as I said above I lost half my grow this year already.

Let me know what you find for your hoop house. I'd like one if only for the protection from the wind.

I started mine late February and put them outside first week of May. I covered them four times? for frost and lost one. Don't do what I do, though...I was trying to kill more so I wouldn't feel naughty about having too many.

I'm doing a Cattle Panel house 10'x20' and building it from scratch. I have plants all over the yard looking for the best area. Funny that all the ones I had in 5 gal buckets made it, it was the garden that was hit hard. Most were started in early March and I had most of mine in the ground mid April. They were getting to big to keep in the house.
It is so awesome that we can have 12 plants here in MI. Whoot! :lot-o-toke:

I had the chance to do some hash last year, only got the bags and did the Ice bath. We were strapped for cash so I did not get a washer. I do want one because it will keep the contaminates down. I hot rolled what I could and made temple balls from what I had, and they are good.
Do you remember how the yield went? I wonder how much hash is in a oz of good weed.

Do you remember how the yield went? I wonder how much hash is in a oz of good weed.
Out of each LB of sugar leafs I was getting between 8-10 gram temple balls of clean high grade. I got about 10-15 grams of low grade that can be used for edibles. I did not do any buds, I was doing it for a friend that wanted to find out what he could get from his trim. I got to keep some for my time and effort so it was a win win. My grow was way to small to even bother and hope to change that as get better grows. I kept track of each batch in excel so I have all the info for all the washes and yields.

The heat even killed all my auto's in put in, in June.

Maybe, something to consider come June, as long as you can care for them.
That hurts... I totally understand. It is one of my reasons for setting up a high tunnel. With plants inside for the most part I will, yield willing, get much cleaner and more of the blonde hash I'm wanting. My wife will also get better tasting Dabs.

Out of each LB of sugar leafs I was getting between 8-10 gram temple balls of clean high grade. I got about 10-15 grams of low grade that can be used for edibles. I did not do any buds, I was doing it for a friend that wanted to find out what he could get from his trim. I got to keep some for my time and effort so it was a win win. My grow was way to small to even bother and hope to change that as get better grows. I kept track of each batch in excel so I have all the info for all the washes and yields.
That sounds like good yield for trim! I hope my outdoor girl goes for the gusto!

Back
Top Bottom