Do I have enough light?

Mr.Hydro

My flowering room is 3.5ft square and about six feet tall. I am running 2 150w hps lights and a couple 100w output cfls. my ladies seem to be doing pretty good but i just feel like i could be doing better. its just under 40,000 lumens, if anyone has a word of advise i'm all ears.:rollit:

Right now i've only got 7 in there but as soon as they are done i plan on doing sea of green. From what i've read i should be able to harvest a couple ounces a week. thats the goal anyway. think i would increase my yeild with a 400w hps rather than the 2 150s?

That is perfect size for 9 plant in 3 gallon grow pots with a 600 watt switable. 4oo watts at least for a good harvest. Hope you have a good grow, good luck man

Better is lumens/sq ft since different bulbs put out different lumens/watt.

3000 lumens/sq ft for vegging
5000 lumens/sq ft for flower

3.5'x3.5'=12.25sq ft x 5000=61,250 lumens for your area. More is better if you can deal with the heat issues.

DD

I've got 10 autos in 3gl pots in my 2x5x8 closet with a 600w MH(72,000 Lu/HPS(95,000Lu) system and with the doors open I can keep the light around 14"-16" above the canopy with temps staying below 80 with a bit of help from the A/C.......Do you have antiquate ventilation/cooling to bump up to a bigger watt bulb if yes then I would go for it for sure...

Back
Top Bottom