How big of a light do i need

YooperPot

Hey all, just a small question i built a small box apx. 4' tall x 3.65' wide x by 2.5 deep its a hydro system with water res under the system to leave more growing room. I just bought a floralux 150W HPS with a Powerful 16,000 lumen output Is this big enough?

thanks "YOOPERPOT"

~Jim:thanks:

That should work, how many plants are you thinking.. We have a cabinet similar in size, that we are gonna be scrogging 2 at a time in the flower room of it.. we have a 150w hps also in there. So if your not doing a bunch of plants then it should be good. and should be about right for the gram Per watt ratio..

you have 16,000 lumens for just over a 9 sq. foot area. that could work, but you can also use more. can you post some pics? there is a specific amount of light per sq. foot that mj needs. i am not sure what it is, but it should be in the faq section. i would go with at least a 250 for 9 sq. ft., but you can get good results with a 150. what i have learned over the years is that there are areas where you do not cut costs (if that's an issue), lighting being one. the extra cost pays off, and the cost cutting will force you to experience a significant loss. best wishes with your efforts.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom