Do I need to trim more?

Ferboldt

Hi Guys,

Yesterday I trimmed the lower branches and popcorn buds to have more energy on the upper buds.

Do you guys think I should trim more? Or do you guys have any suggestions?

Seed: Nirvana Lemon OG Haze Aut. Fem.
Day: 68 from seed
Temp: 68-74
Air Pump
45w LED Hood
Apollo 6500k / 60w CFL
Fan lvl 1
Nutrition: General Hydroponics (FloraGro, FloraMicro, FloraBloom)
PH: 5.5
PPM: 850-950

IMG_48186.jpg
IMG_48236.jpg
IMG_48219.jpg
IMG_482211.jpg
IMG_48246.jpg

I was told not to touch her when she s in flower for the risk of hermi ing. All defol should be done in veg.... I m struggling with it as well. I ve got 3 ladies in a room and they are way too big, and up to a couple days ago I was still cleaning out undergrowth and some fan leaves. I d say your good for size and if anything you could LST or tie branches to allow for more light to bud sites.:thumb: Good luck, I hope this helps!

I think you did a good job and should stop there.

Drop the nute concentration as you have clear burn happening. Likely due to low lights. The nute concentration is driven by the needs of the plant which is driven by the level of photosynthesis. With few fan leaves and low intensity lighting as you have you will not have maximum photosynthesis so you need to drop the nutes way back.

Good job though best of luck!

:thumb:

I think you did a good job and should stop there.

Drop the nute concentration as you have clear burn happening. Likely due to low lights. The nute concentration is driven by the needs of the plant which is driven by the level of photosynthesis. With few fan leaves and low intensity lighting as you have you will not have maximum photosynthesis so you need to drop the nutes way back.

Good job though best of luck!

:thumb:

Thank you so much for your feedback. Amazing!!!

Are you positive that my lightning is not enough?

Because my LED hood is 45w
and
My CFL is 6500k 60w

Hi Ferboldt,

Great advice from VillageIdiot (i've always loved that moniker btw VI) on reducing the nutrients. Please don't take this as me, or anyone else, being critical. Most of us, start out growing with something of a "dabble in it" approach. That is to say, we don't run out and buy all the latest greatest high power gear to begin growing. We do however want offer advice when requested, to help others succeed.

With that said; No, you do not have nearly enough light to get the best results with your plant. I looked at a couple of your posts around the forums as well as one of your grow journals. I think others have mentioned the lack of light as a limiting factor as well. Given what your working with, I think you've done a great job and will enjoy the fruits of your labors though.

Be well and happy growing.

Do what villiageidiot says, where she is a auto I really wouldn't of cut on her lol. You can always harvest twice. Taking the tops when they are done and then let the bottom Amber up and take those. Autos turning hermie is kindly hard. They can have all kinds of stress but it will affect your harvest. But man I wouldn't take no more let her blossom into a beast: ):)

As far as lighting goes...

I just got my first set of LEDs and don't know much about them. I do know about HID so that is all I really can speak to.

With HID going less than 400W is hard to get good thick dense flowers. It can be done but only in a very small grow space which is hard to control. I always recommend that going under 400W is simply a waste of your time and money.

At 600W you have the overall best efficiency for PAR and can achieve light intensity seen at the equator which is the most any plant will need. The area is reduced over a 1000W and there are some limitations. But done correctly 2 600W will do better than a 1000W primarily due to overlapping light in the middle making for high quality intensity.

1000W is the gold standard for many reasons. Biggest reason is you can cover a good sized area with a single light. With a modern ballast you can get adjustable outputs. Mine allows for 650, 750, 1000, 1150 output. With that I can start lower in early veg and bring the light in close to a smaller area and as they fill in I can raise the light and up the power and keep the intensity high while I cover more area.

I am a personal grower trying to stay legal at my 4 plants so I don't need more than one light and I like the capabilities of a 1000W with a top of the line ballast. But most people I think are supper happy with a single 600W and can get very dense high quality results with it.

A single small LED panel like you have is great for Veg but when it gets into bloom you are going to be asking the plant to work hard. It will work and for what you have it will be nice but with my 1000W I can easily get a pound out of a plant in nearly the same time you might get an ounce or two out of that thing.

Watch this before you upgrade. There is a nice chart mid way about light intensity that shows why a 600 can be as good as a 1000...even better when done right.

Back
Top Bottom