420 Magazine Background

Do Roots Really Grow In The Dark?

More1106

Good article, thank you for sharing. I used to be confused about this, whether the roots need light or not, now, I've got a little sence of it.

Yeska23

What happens on top during photosynthesis happens down below during dark period.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

logic0104

in photoperiod plants it is the shock in the reduction in lights on time that starts flowering hence going from 18 to 12 makes the plant think its coming to the end of the growing season (Autumn/fall) and therefor produces flowers to reproduce . its the same for most plants, unless you are using auto flower which I have no experience. I prefer to control the cycle.

Dogwash

i can tell you that my plants grow 3" in 30 hrs of dark cycle when Im flipping to 12/12....i dont look at the roots but that should indicate something.
Absolutely - I see a major surge in that 36 hours darkness at start of flip and i am convinced that a lot of growth goes on in the dark

Myself I use 6 on 2 off cycle in veg and always see astounding growth

Skullman420

Finally a definitive answer! To me it was similar to...does that refridgerator light really go off when you close the door? lol!
The answer is. Yes it does.

Skullman420

Btw. Have been doing some tests with 18/6 and 24/0

Didn't notice any difference between the plants grown under the different lighting regimes.

Perhaps a little more stretch under 18/6

Would love to hear everyone's opinions and thoughts about this

Dogwash

Btw. Have been doing some tests with 18/6 and 24/0

Didn't notice any difference between the plants grown under the different lighting regimes.

Perhaps a little more stretch under 18/6

Would love to hear everyone's opinions and thoughts about this
I use 6/2 cycle to veg and it's better than either growth wise

onewarmguy

I've done some AF's at 16/8 with great results. Power costs big time up here in the Great White North. $1.20/KwH at peak usage times.

Top Bottom