Do you use a pre-filter?

mtlhead

how well do you pre-filter your intake air before allowing it into the grow chamber? I'm working with a 2'x2'x6' space, and it's up and running at a continuous 70-85 deg at 46% hum. My home has an outdated furnace system without a real exchanger. I just want a healthy enviroment the the future mother to be.

Honestly i dont filter my incoming air at all. Mine was drawn from in between the walls ( you know between the studs and sheetrock.) Hope this helps.:peace:

I'm trying to make the room bomb-proof, just as with anything else "the better you prepare, the better you succede".
I'm just wondering at what point am I just being anal, no longer making a differance? I was thinking of a small air intake that will take a high end furnace filter, mounted to the door (on the garden side) with air being taken from the base of the door on the living quarters side. being a fabricator by trade I will probably build it out of light gauge (.025) aluminum and polish it.
Am I already being too anal? I just want to get consistant, repeatable results

Race fan is correct!!! You do need to put some thing in there to stop pests and bugs. I was referring to a filter that removes dust particles, odor and such. I cut 4, 4 inch holes on the bottom side wall of my closet opposite where the exhaust exits. Over this i just stapled ordinary window screen over the holes to keep spiders and such out. This way airflow is not restricted, further lowering the CFM rating of your airflow. Sorry for the confusion, and thanks for clarifying that Race fan.:peace:

akornpatch said:
go to home depot...buy a "re-usable" type furnace air filter...cut out a patch of the material...and duct tape it on to cover the intake hole. simple, reusable, and replaceable.
Three keys to successfull manufacturing are form, fit, & function. Cutting a patch of filter and duct taping it on could resemble fit & function, but form is equally important these days for me.......although having it look like shit would definately be a deterrant to show anyone. I'd rather be proud and take pictures to show you guy's when I'm done though.
:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom