Does a homemade grow box have to be sealed?

gfo1

Ok so i've built a grow box 3'x 2' x 3'(inner dimensions) with all reflective walls, and most of the ceiling(it is made of just peices of insulator put on top so i can remove them easily) but there is a few gaps that let light escape, and holes that i have three computer fans in,will this cause problems?

if pics are needed im sure i'll be able to take some!

any comments welcome!:thanks::ganjamon:

gfo1

gfo1,
If your trying to keep your cab 100% stealth I'd say seal the gaps so you have no "light leakage".

Also consider your exhaust ventilation. Are you using active or passive? If you're going with an active exhaust, which usually creates a bit of a vacuum, the gaps can be a little more forgiving. If you're using a passive type you're essentially pressurizing your grow space and little leaks become more unforgiving, allowing air/odor leakage.

no this is not for stealth issues i was thinking it could effect humidity, heat, light in a major way..? specifically humidity as i find it hard to keep that a good level!

the smell is not a concern either, the grow box is in my room and the ventilation is just so the temp wont get too high.

:thanks: for the reply though the info might be useful if i move out!:Rasta:

no this is not for stealth issues i was thinking it could effect humidity, heat, light in a major way..? specifically humidity as i find it hard to keep that a good level!

the smell is not a concern either, the grow box is in my room and the ventilation is just so the temp wont get too high.

:thanks: for the reply though the info might be useful if i move out!:Rasta:

gfo1 - your humidity/heat would be more effected by your choice of ventilation/circulation more so than a few small gaps, unless the gap is the size of an open door ;)

haha no these gaps are only a few mm wide but going the whole height of the grow area (3ft). and the ventilaiton i have are two 80mm pc vans extracting and a 120mm providing air movement(IN). I dont have anyway of measuring humidity properly but to me it doesnt feel very humid..

Back
Top Bottom