Does anyone have kids?

No thank God........ I woulda been a horrible dad in the eighties while I struggled with the 'white devil'........ I got friends with kids and thats just fine when they come visiting. To all that 'maintain' the family with children kudos to you....... If I had them I'd give 'em away..... :rollingeyes:

I have two children.. a daughter 30 years old and a son 25 years old. They both say me with pot from the day they were born. They both smoke pot, my daughter grows San Diego's best. Both are successful happy kids. To each his own though. My son went to a bunch of raves around the turn of the century where he probably dabbled in other shit, who knows. But he came out all right and plans to be an MD.

Just saw this is my second post.. too stupid.. time for bed.

We have 2 girls. they are 3 and 5 yrs. They see the smoke and know it's "Daddy's Medicine". But when I smoke it...I say it's my meds too! lol!
I don't know what I would do about them smoking later on in their life. I think I'd be supportive. It's better than the other stuff out there...ie: c***, ciggs, m***. So yeah, I'd encourage weed over anything else! lol!

i have 2 boys 13 and 4. my 13 year old says he will never smoke anything and won't drink beer. wonder how long that will last, specially the beer part.lol
he has seen me smoke when he was younger but i stopped when he was old enough to tell someone about it. now that he knows what it is he has smelled it before and told me to put it away! but i don't openly smoke it around the house, so it sometimes is difficult to get high

I have a 9 year old boy, and he has no idea that I smoke. I'll not let him in on my 'little' secret until he himself gets curious, and old enough to know, and understand that it's not an 'evil' drug.

As is, he views it as wrong, and dangerous...which is fine with me, as I don't want him experimenting until his brain has fully matured. I'll just keep it a secret, and when he starts asking questions, I will teach him what I know.

no kids....rather spend my money on weed then diapers

4 children and 5 grandchildren here. None of which smoke weed. Only one smokes tobacco. They were told that this was a personal decision to be made .......by themselves .......and that whatever their decision was ........that they had to be responsible for what ever choice they made. I'm glad they made the choice that they did , otherwise they'd probably be over at my place smokin' all my stash. LOL

If you have kids this book is a must "It's Just a Plant" by Ricardo Cortes, you'll find a picture in the gallery here or just click the link below:

Iguess if my kids went on the highs I do I wud go mad. But i not got to that point in my life yet

I have a 24 yr old daughter and 34 yr old son. Both of them smoke. I never smoked in front of them until they were 18, mostly due to my wifes input. As I look back on it now, it was a mistake. I think I should have been honest and up front with them. I discussed it with both of them and appologized. The main thing I'm sorry about is the lost time. You don't get that time back. I would close myself off from them in order to get stoned. Plans for the family were made based on if I would be able to get high or not. They both grew into wonderful people, both are parents now. They smoke around the kids but the kids don't yet know whats going on. My advice to anyone interested would be honesty or be less selfish than I was. They are only young once.

i have kids 12,8 and 6...the two older ones are boys....i don't hide it from them but try to keep them from asking too much or seeing it constantly...they know it's illegal...i had to tell them..otherwise their school might sweettalk them into turning me in...my wife smokes too...none have tried it yet....but when they are grown it is their choice...now it's mine and they know it's off limits...

I have 6 kids. a 21 year old, a 20 year old, two 18 year olds and two 15 year olds. All adults are out on there own and working or going to college. The other 2 are in high school. Well the adult kids still manage to eat dinner at mom and dads 4 nights a week or so. :cheesygrinsmiley: I've smoked in front of my kids since day one. Pot isn't a big deal to my kids. Part of a normal life to them. I've been open and honest about it to them 100%.

Hmm... I have no kids now. My policies for children and bud would mostly depend upon my who I'm with. Were the woman I was with strongly against informing the children, I could go with staying silent until they were old enough to fully understand. But unless she were really strongly against it, I'd rather be open and just refer to it as mommy and daddy's medicine. I mean, for years now I've thought to myself how wonderful it would be if my pops smoked so that I could sit back and relax with him and anjoy some bud together. If my children made the desition to smoke, I wouldn't want to deny them the experiences with their father that I never had with mine.

this is my 1st post here...i hope i dont ramble...i have been smoking pot since i was 16...i spent some time on probation and in prison for non drug related charges so i was forced to quit for a while...i recently started back smoking and found out my 15 year old son smokes more than i do...when i asked him about it he was open and honest and broke out a bag of some dank buds and said to me" wanna catch a buzz with me?"...how could a dad say no to that...a kid that smokes and has a part time job to buy his own...and a kid that shares...thats really rare...i guess my whole point to this is...life is to short to worry about what soceity says is right or wrong...im in the land of the free and what i do in my house may not be what u do in ur house...so what i do in my house is my business....not societies...well i looks like i rambled on a bit...hope every 1 got this far...and i didnt bore u to death....420-24/7

Ok, some of this will get a little heavy but it needs to be said.

I had two children. My daughter was 23 when she and my 11 month old grandson were carjacked. My 14 year old son was also present when this occurred, but was inside a store with his brother-in-law. My grandson survived the ordeal, my daughter didn't.

Pinch, I wish I could have that proverbial second in time to have a toke with my daughter. I envy you my friend. My daughter would have turned 30 this year.

I have always been honest with my children. I never smoked in front of them but both had knowledge of my activities. They also knew that if they made the decision to indulge in anything, that dad wanted them to come to him and talk about it first.

My daughter chose to drink socially after she got married, but she came to me first, and did so legally as far as I know...never came home drunk as a kid.

My son chooses not to do anything..not even cigarettes, but likes it when I do. It helps control the PTSD and rage that I feel at a system that put a career violent criminal on the street because of prison overcrowding...they put a pot smoker in his place.

Folks, be honest with your kids, and love 'em all you can, you don't know how long you will have them with you.

Mr. Carolina, there is nothing sadder than a parent out living their children.

My sincere condolences.. a senseless act no doubt.:peace:

Thanks Pinch,

Like most, I've lurked for a while. It is the wisdom and compassion that I find with the "older" crowd like myself (you do have me by a couple of years I think, been tokin' for 36 years) that finally helped me make the decision to join. And yes, the humor helps too. :adore:

I'm really sorry to hear that, CarolinaRebel. I can't imagine what you've gone through, but humor does help anything, after a time. My 'kids' are 34 and 36. My daughter doesn't smoke anything and drinks occasionally. My son and I have gotten high together for a long time, and we always have a good time. I recommend it.

I think I would probably have been more open about my own use it if the schools weren't so much in our business.

Now they've got all of these tattle on your family and friends if you love them programs and I would feel like that would be too big of a burden for them to ask them to keep our secret.

Sounds like you've done really well, dad! Be proud! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Golly Ms Stoney.. they still have those tattle programs? I thought that was just the Nancy Reagan "JUST SAY NO!" program way back when.

Thank you for the compliment. My son called a few weeks ago and said he was accepted at an Illinois med school but would like to go to Oregon, they have one of the top in the nation. Yep.. proud as punch.:peace: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom