Does anyone know the laws about using an industrial/commercial building for growing

leprechaun333

This is my 3rd year with the SB420 rights and I am expecting a new born daughter soon. My wife is understanding to a point, but now would like to see our home grow head out of the house. I have been looking for different locations and was wondering if anyone knows the laws for growing in an industrial(warehouse or shop), or commercial(more like an office) are for Ventura, Ca. Any help would be great. This is my first post and I am looking forward to becoming part of the growing community of people seeking help naturally.:peace:

Re: Does anyone know the laws about using an industrial/commercial building for growi

I was just here searching for the same question. Except I'd be in San Mateo county. I figure it probably needs to be 1000ft from a school, but other than that, what are the restrictions. I need to move and will no longer have a nice basement. Another patient in our group is in similar situation. Between us we had about 8 lamps (growing for multiple patients). I was looking at commercial space that would work and it is cheaper than renting a bigger house, plus it gets everything out of the house which wouldn't be a bad thing.

We would not be running a coop for any retail purposes, purely a grow operation.

Re: Does anyone know the laws about using an industrial/commercial building for growi

There are resources through Oaksterdam and elsewhere on the web on how to open or become part of a Prop 215 grow collective. I'm not an expert, but I think you will need the advice of an attorney specializing in doing this if you want to avoid conflicts with city/county jurisidictions and law enforcement. The law provides for your protection in legally growing cannabis in California. However, some cities and counties aren't so supportive and can make your life miserable. I suggest you do the research, find a supportive environment, be careful and move forward cautiously. If I were you, and I don't mean to judge, I would focus more time and energy on the newborn than worry about my next crop. I waited until my kids were grown to pursue growing cannabis as a hobby and then as a patient. I suggest you think things through and weigh all your options with the perspective that you only get to raise your baby once...cannabis can be grown at any time in your life.

I'd like to hear what you find out about growing in a commercial space also. I grow at my place and would like to expand, but the thought of renting a larger place or house seems too expensive, plus there would probably be people living nearby which isn't desirable.

I have never heard of any specific laws concerning this issue other than.
The feds say not legal to grow period.

heres some other thoughts.
(1) Probably not ok with the landloard, owner , property managment company, as most rentals are insured or require you to get insurance and most insurance policies have a illegal activities clause.
(2) The fire department will probably tell their police friends and landloard about the grow the first time the fire alarm goes off due to not being cleaned on a regular basis and they get dispached to check it out.
(3) easy to spot if you are not running a normal full time buisness out of the space
(4) easy target for theft without 24/7 presence

i like bein native american haha cause there are no laws for us when we are on our reservations lol no cops can come on our land cause its out of there jurisdiction so we can grow as much as we want haha i got a big pice of land about 250 acres xD so im good haha.
Stoner for Lyf:roorrip:

i like bein native american haha cause there are no laws for us when we are on our reservations lol no cops can come on our land cause its out of there jurisdiction so we can grow as much as we want haha i got a big pice of land about 250 acres xD so im good haha.
Stoner for Lyf:roorrip:

Hmmm...well, sorry the U.S. ripped off native americans.

Come November, adults in CA will be able to grow their own. I'm looking forward to that.

Can't adults already grow their own in CA ? Like 6 plants right ?

Back
Top Bottom