Does living soil work well for industry commercial?

thanyawit

Hi my friends i am from Thailand. Now Cannabis is legal since 09/06/2022
i'm currently doing home growing by no-till living soil indoor growing.
But now i'm going to expand to industry commercial indoor growing so i have question about it
Does no-till living soil work well for industry commercial indoor growing?
IS no-till living soil perfect for MMJ purpose? or others way of growing is better?
What is pros and cons?

Hi my friends i am from Thailand. Now Cannabis is legal since 09/06/2022
i'm currently doing home growing by no-till living soil indoor growing.
But now i'm going to expand to industry commercial indoor growing so i have question about it
Does no-till living soil work well for industry commercial indoor growing?
IS no-till living soil perfect for MMJ purpose? or others way of growing is better?
What is pros and cons?

regardless of grow style you are looking at millions to enter the industry. getting involved is a massively risky long shot unless you have deep pockets or backers with no limit to the amount of risk they are willing to face.

the commercial cannabis industry is now dominated by a few large international producers. even those producers are facing exceptionally low returns as the industry matures and producers consolidate.

considering the costs associated, i would assume the most cost effective approach in that region should actually be outdoor cultivation.

It's still at the free-for-all stage , so to speak. Actually, literally so - it appears that the government is distributing a million seedlings, for free. (I've no idea which strain(s)... be kind of a bad joke if they're all low-THC).

Anyway, there do not actually seem to be any regulations/laws in regards to cultivation, as of yet. Declare that it's for medical purposes and go. I did see discussion about concerns that proposed regulations might favor the big business model. Of course. Maybe the OP envisions creating some sort of boutique niche? All natural, even the Catahoula caterpillars crapping in the buds were fed organi— er... sorry.

It'll be a time of risk. Do you invest the equivalent of thousands of dollars, in hopes that you won't be regulated out of the game (or find yourself suddenly able to come up with a big chunk of change to cover license applications, licenses, certifications, regular testing for mold/contaminates/potency, etc.)? Or cautiously wait, and maybe suddenly find that enough people chose not to wait to have made your waiting effectively become one giant step backwards?

I am wondering what the OP means by "commercial." If you sell someone a joint, lol, it's one thing - but so is a multi-level warehouse (or several acres) and 25,000 plants.

Maybe i should start with 30-40 plants and scale up in the future

maybe see what the plan is for marketing it to the public. it's no use having a field of the stuff if you can't legally sell it for a profit. at present there is glut of commercial product. a lot of companies are looking for new markets to dump their excess product.

Maybe i should start with 30-40 plants and scale up in the future
The big question at this point is how many plants have you grown at one time?

Trying to grow for selling, even one plant, seems to suddenly bring out all kinds of problems that never happen when people are growing for themselves or to share. Put 'selling' into the picture and problems show up the next day.

It's still at the free-for-all stage , so to speak. Actually, literally so - it appears that the government is distributing a million seedlings, for free.
The big thing to consider at this point is that the Thai govt has not legalized recreational use on a country wide basis, at least that is what is in a major news article from yesterday.

Articles appearing this morning seem to indicate that the restrictions and clarification of the laws still has not been finalized and the govt is making new laws by the hour as complaints come in.

Hi @thanyawit ! I use organic living soil for my outdoor perpetual greenhouse grow in Hawaii. Your climate in Thailand may be excellent for outdoor greenhouse growing. Are you definitely decided on indoor? If so, why? Cannabis loves good soil... doesn't really matter which cannabis you are going to grow. I love using coco coir in my custom soil mixture.

Back
Top Bottom