Anyone familiar with this brand of soil?

Darf.Vappor

Great Lakes Water Only – Living Soil

My local hydroponics store suggested it. According to them, it's a start to finish water only soil. No nutrients required. It was only 2 dollars more than Fox Farm. I bought a couple bags to see how it works.

Great Lakes Water Only is a one of a kind all natural start to finish soil. From seed or clone until harvest, our patented blend of worm castings, steer manure and chicken compost mix with our incredible list of high quality amendments to create plant available food at each stage of the plant's development. For brand new or novice gardeners this water only soil works perfectly with no mixing chemicals or trouble shooting deficiencies. You can plant, water, and enjoy success. For Advanced Organic Gardeners, No Till Gardeners as well as Pro Biotic Farmers this living soil works great with teas, top dresses and organic nutrients. An excellent medium, indoor or outdoor Great Lakes Water Only creates great yielding, and vigorous and healthy plants.

Recommended 7 gallon pots or larger for final pot

This product contains Peat Moss, Coconut coir, composted spelt hulls, Blood Meal, Bone Meal, Feather Meal, compost and more.

I've never heard of it, but it's probably good. I've tried dozens of different soils over the years and they all give similar results. The worst problem I've ever had with soil is gnats. I bought this cheap organic mix from Wal-Mart. I had a hell of a time keeping the gnats under control until harvrest.

Back
Top Bottom