Does autoflower need 12/12 lighting cycle to flower properly

NamTran

So I was cruising through GreenTech exhibition in Amsterdam and stumbled upon Royal Queen Seeds' stand. I then proceeded to complain to them about my autos (purchased from RQS) are slow to flower and keep growing big. They told me that I should switch to a 12/12 lighting schedule as it would be more beneficial (even though they are autoflowers) both in flowering time and bud size.

Now I'm confused because as far as I've known flowering time in autos are not affected by lighting schedule. But then those guys are experts from RQS so they obviously know their seeds' genetic better than me.

I'd like to get some forum's opinions on this matter.

Whaaaat? No way....18+ hours is the norm for autos.

Flowering in autos is genetically triggered...they would flower at X weeks under 24/7 or 4/20.

And oftentimes the goons manning the booth are the low rung employees, so either they were completely ignorant or pulling your leg (or both)

During my first grow the flowering time is significantly longer comparing to the strain's specs, it's also vary from plant to plant. Probably there is some truth about what they say but I'm honestly not sure. Maybe some genetic instability perhaps.

If it doesn't bloom on 18/6 then it's not an auto mate. Not uncommon for them to take up to 7 weeks to bloom though. I average 7 weeks exactly before pistils. Lots of things determine how quickly they'll flower but 12/12 isn't one of them. If it flips when you 12/12 It's iether a photo or a coincidentally timed auto that you've just lost about 40% yield on due to the low light hours.

Back
Top Bottom