Auto from 12/12 to 20/4

King Crop

Hi all, Im Currently growing a autoflower under 12/12 light schedule, im at week 8 so coming close to harvest. she is in a tent with photoperieod plants that explains why i have her under 12/12 light schedule. my problem is the buds aint as fat as i would like them to be, look a little airy to me. super frosty!!! but airy :/! she does have roughly another 2 weeks to go id say so im hoping she fattens up. brings me to my question.... would it cause to much stress if the last 2 weeks i put her under a 20/4 light schedule from 12/12 or would that confuse her to much? i know autos are fairly hardy plants would she be able to take it? dont want her to go hermie on me! hope someone out there has a answer. thanks in advance :)

Changing to 24hr wont fatten the buds.
Read the posts about light periodin how to grow section of the forum.
There is a technik using 21:36 hours:minutes of light and 12 hours of darkness for asding to yield.
That might help.
Plants are like you and me, need time to rest, like humans in a non ending rave party, at some point any one would fall asleep an then the light can do more harm than good.
Remember with plants more is less.

Autoflowering plants can get stressed just like a photperiod plant. each strain is different in how much stress it can handle. I wouldn't just go and throw a plant from 12 hours light to 20 hours light. This will definitely stress any plant as well as confuse it. Autoflowers can begin flowering in any light cycle but they can still stress out when you start abruptly changing the light cycle. If you had to change your light cycles you would want to do it by 30 mins to an hour per day and not all at once.

All-in-all, BigBaron is right, adding light time will not start to fatten up your buds. The last 2 or 3 weeks til harvest is when your buds will fatten up for you.

Back
Top Bottom