Does this look like Potassium Def?

ksmirov

Does this look like Potassium Def?
or something else?

IMG_010528.JPG

It looks a bit like spider-mite damage.

Have you looked here?

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Having to little of Potassium in your plants causes the plants leaves to show retarded growth and show a scorched tip and edges around the leaves. Plants may stretch and your branches can be easily broken or weak. Don’t get this deficiency confused with iron, because it almost acts like iron but to tell the difference in the two is: for potassium the tips of the leaves curl and the edges burn and die. Older leaves may show a red colour and leaves could curl upwards. Dead patches (Necrosis) can happen on the margins of larger fan leaves thus, the leaves will eventually die off and turn brown. The Older leaves will show different patches of colour (mottle) and turn yellow between the veins, following by whole leaves that turn dark yellow and die. The plants overall growth slows down, mostly when they are in vegetative stage. To little amount of potassium also slows the growth of buds during flowering stages. Dark edges will appear around the edges of the leaf when the deficiency is starting to happen. When your Relative humidity is low, you can almost bet your going to soon get a potassium deficiency from your plants perspiration.
Potassium can get poorly absorbed when having too much Calcium or ammonium nitrogen, and maybe cold weather. Having to much sodium (Na) causes potassium to be displaced. SO keep those in mind… Parts affected by a Potassium Deficiency are: older leaves and leaf margins.

Thrips leave shiny elongated trail marks, and they leave dark poop marks.
It could be mites/bugs, but it is not Thrips.

Here is similar leaf at the beginning of the defic, from a current plant of my own.
It turned though, to look much more like yours, with small circular spots/mottles, as it worked it's way through.

IMAG3633.jpg
IMAG3718.jpg

after some FloraKleen, and a flush, today, you can still see some marks. More obvious in pic two.

IMAG4051.jpg

IMAG4061.jpg

Check your pH. If and when it comes back high or low, flush as soon as you can. There's tons of info here on how to do it. Good luck, good weed. :peace::cheer:

Maybe zinc. The silver color, give it chelated iron, seven bucks at the garden store....chelated nutrients, is where they oxygenate them it is easier for the plant to absorb micro nutrients. Which is why our plants get a little yellow right before they show symptoms.

Im surprised at all the responses actually :welcome:

Rico u scared me with that spider mite comment, i have a 100x microscope and dont find anything moving or mite or egg like.

The only fact I know is that the PH runoff I last checked was 5.0 which I know is pretty bad. However I flushed all 3 of my plants with 3x the water and have finally gotten the runoff to be 6.5

I have pictures of it below. I see this happening only on the lower leaves and not the middle or top leaves. The color of the specs are more like golden brown. The strain is Blue Cheese btw:

IMG_013027.JPG
IMG_013220.JPG
IMG_013426.JPG
IMG_013327.JPG

The whole plant:

IMG_012333.JPG
IMG_012431.JPG

Thanks guys, the girls look pretty good after 2 days from the flush. Kinda Slow growth since I didnt add any nutes or anything to the flush water.

Great to hear you flushed em, and that they are getting better! You can add nutes as the final step in flushing, provided you aren't aggressive with it :peace:

Back
Top Bottom