Draft Rule Defines 60-Day Supply For Medical Marijuana

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
The Washington Department of Health today filed draft rules to define a 60-day supply of medical marijuana. The rules set the supply at 24 ounces of usable marijuana, up to six mature plants, and up to 18 immature plants.

The rules were ordered by the 2007 Washington Legislature as part of changes it made to the state’s medical marijuana law. The law is based on a state initiative passed by voters in 1998. It allows the use of marijuana for "terminal or debilitating illnesses" when recommended by a physician. The law includes a limited number of accepted medical conditions.

The law limits patients to a 60-day supply, but does not define supply — leading to confusion among patients, doctors, advocates, and law enforcement. The rules provide specific guidance on how much product and plant material patients are allowed.

The rules aim to set a supply that is practical and realistic for most medical marijuana users in our state. Under the law, physicians may use "medical evidence" to justify recommending less or more marijuana than limits set in the rules. The amounts in these rules were set after the agency reviewed published studies on the medical use of marijuana; took input from patients, advocates, doctors, law enforcement, and the public; and researched the laws and rules of other states that allow the use of medical marijuana.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: emaxhealth.com
Copyright: 2008 Emax Health.com
Website: Draft Rule Defines 60-Day Supply For Medical Marijuana

Dunno either...I like my weed straight up.
I still think 3oz's is a crap load of weed in a week's time and if that's not enough, then you need to be switched over to morp*ine if your in that much pain...seriously
How is it that 3oz's a week is not enough? I mean, in all reality, I have smoked all of my adult life (over 20 years) and have never been able to smoke more than a 1/2oz of good grass in a weeks time in my life, and thats with friends help on vacation at the beach.
I mean if 3oz's isn't enough, it's either being wasted by not using it properly, or it's not working for the ailment.
I'm just keeping it real here...and I really am interested in knowing about a situation that calls for that much...I'm sincerely curious about it.

I would think smoking that much would lead to a big tolerance. It would be a waste to have three ounces of bud that doesnt get you stoned anymore.

I've smoked for thirty years, and i could never smoke that much in that time frame.

But there are two people in this house who would be willing to give it a try!

Peace and lots of mota:rollit:

I would think smoking that much would lead to a big tolerance. It would be a waste to have three ounces of bud that doesnt get you stoned anymore.

I've smoked for thirty years, and i could never smoke that much in that time frame.

But there are two people in this house who would be willing to give it a try!

Peace and lots of mota:rollit:
Ohhh...don't get me wrong, I'd blow my lungs straight out of their sockets trying for sure...lmao :cough::rofl:

Ha Haaaaaaaa!

I'll smoke to that!:smokin:

Does not one of the only Federal Medical Marijuana Patients receive from the US Government 9 ounces per month? can someone else check this as fact too for us? that is my recollection from the CBS interview had with him.

Hmm...hadn't heard that one..but if thats true...what a huge break on the law...think about it, The federal government is condoning one or a few MMJ patients? then what the fork are they doing raiding MMJ dispensaries? Whats so special about those few people that they would be federally protected and all others are not...Hmmm, can you say LAW SUIT? That would be a major conflict of interest!!! I want to see this evidence first hand ASAP...They want to argue that cannabis has no medical value? Then, if they are letting a few people have it for their problems and not all who need it?
This would be HUGE!!! Please go find this evidence for us ALL to see!
Anyone who knows anything about this, please do the right thing and get it to 420 Magazine pronto!!!

Great looking out Cherma42050 +rep 4 u...you may have found a loophole in the system if this is true :smokin: :clap:
I'm going to Google "federal medical marijuana patients" and see what I see...hehehehehehehehe....they better not have this going on or they will have to answer for it...big time!!! :clap:

Ok lady's and gents...feast your eyes on the truth about the claims that the federal government has about cannabis having no medicinal value!!! We need to add this to every letter we send in and not only that we need to get this video out to all the MMJ reform groups in the country as to get the ball rolling on an evidence based suit...their lies are going to catch up with them sooner or later...I will send this in tomorrow to all the action groups in my charge and see what they say about it...It may or may not be enough to hold merit, but sometimes it's the little piece of evidence that can break a case wide open.
I'll get back to y'all on their response...yeeeehaaaaawwwwww!!! I love it!

howdy all
first let me say i am a washingtonian medical patient, you think 3ounces is to much,not really considering that the first draft the state health deparment came up with was 1 n 1/2 pound for 60 day supply, but the govenor thought that was a bit to much, then came back with another draft stateing that 35 ounces for 60 days would suffice again the Govenor said niet niet.so they then came up with 24 ounces.6mature plants and 18 immature plants,,excuse me but you have 6 plants vegging or flowering at the same time you have 18 small ones growing kinda fast so you end up forceing your 6 cause you have to make room for the 18 thats a knockin..oh i almost forgot with the pound and a half you were to be able to grow in a area 100 square feet,Her majesty the Governess said no that would be to much and law enforcement would consider it enought to think sale's....................if you have any q's please fill free to ask and i'l answer the best i can or get the info ya need.......................thank you's all,,,,,,,Tat

^^ sounds like the gov has some personal experience

naw our gov is very skinny.if fact they have to put anckle wieghts on her just so she dont blow away :).from her looks i'd say she could use some medicine :eek:

Jimbo, below are some facts about Irv Rosenfeld: 2nd Federal Medical Marijuana Patient:

Google Irvs name and there are numerous sites containing actual interviews with Irv, and also providing many insights on how this was set up fromn the begining:

An excerpt from an article on Irv Rosenfeld:
"You see, Irv Rosenfeld is one of a small group of patients who actually gets medical marijuana legally from the federal government -- yep, that same federal government that sends storm troopers to arrest California patients doing the same thing. He is part of the Compassionate IND (Investigational New Drug) program and gets about 300 marijuana cigarettes in a metal tin prescribed to last 25 days."

Were talking about the same federal government that makes false claims about marijuana having no medical value...right? So, which is it John Walters? No medical value? Or 300 joints to a hand full of government backed medical marijuana patients? inquiring minds want to know!!!.....I still see major lawsuits that could use this major lie as a huge defense for the MMJ patients of this country.
How could it be that the federal government could fund their own MMJ program, and then turn around and raid MMJ patients and all there caregivers?....thats....oh, what?...A HUGE CONFLICT OF INTEREST!!!
And then they have the nerve to turn around and say that marijuana has no medicinal value? When they have been medicating people with it for years?...that spells lawsuit to me!!!
What is it? It's ok for the government to give MMJ for case "A", but a certified doctor can't recommend it for case "B"...that's utter bullshit!!! I think thats is a loophole right their, and a hard evidence case against John Walters and his modern day Nazi party!!!
I mean, if he's going to say it, then he had damn well better be prepared to back it up...right? Otherwise, that would be perjury, correct me if I'm wrong?

I think its in the documentary The Union where they interview a couple of the people that have been on the federal program. Its very interesting.
The Washington rules aren't written in stone so hopefully they'll listen to the MMJ experts and not the legal community. Its medicine not law.
The biggest problem I saw was the 18 immature plantes can only be 12 inches. Thats not going to work. I personally know of 2 MMJ patients that are using close to a pound a month. Both were in pretty bad shape from car accidents. One from 30 years ago. They can't smoke much so 90% of there intake is from edibles which is the primary way I take it. It take a lot more weed to medicate. The Washington rule doesn't bar someone from growing enough to do this. You just have to have a doctors authorization to have more than the 24 ounces.

I guess if your eating it, it's not the same as smoking it, and maybe it does take a whole lot more to ingest it that way...I've only ever smoked it a little at a time throughout the day, so how ever much more it takes when eaten it is not something I know alot about.
I would think a tincture of MMJ made with alc*hol would be a better delivery system though, as I would think the alc*hol would deliver the THC to the body faster, but I'm not sure about that either.
I know vaporizing hits quick though, and is not near as wasteful.
I just hate to see weed being wasted, when their are so many ways to get the same effect and still conserve it for further use.
I know I could make 24 oz's last a long, long, long time.
I think some people think that it takes a ton of the stuff to get the effects from it, but in all actuality, you can only get so high from any particular strain of weed, after that, it's wasting your weed to just keep using it up like that.
I know, I get just as high from one or two good bong hits as I do from a half a sack at one time in a blunt...I hate blunts...their so freakin wasteful!
And I would think that cooking it and eating it would be wasteful too...No offense to anyone, but that's just me!

Back
Top Bottom