Drew Carey on DEA Raids & Medical Marijuana Use by Minors

Jimbo

reason.tv just came out with its second video on medical marijuana, featuring Drew Carey talking about one young man's battle with cancer and use of medical marijuana. While his parents approved of his medicine, the DEA did not and shut down his local dispensary:
Owen's parents knew the idea of giving medical marijuana to a 17-year-old strikes many people as scandalous. Local Sheriff Pat Hedges even asserts that allowing medical marijuana is "not in the best interest of a community that prides itself on providing a healthy, family environment."
But the Becks weren't concerned about what other people thought; they were focused on helping their son. So with a written doctor recommendation in hand, they purchased medical marijuana for their teenage son. The new medication eased Owen's pain and nausea like nothing else had, and the Becks grew fond of Charlie Lynch, who would sometimes refuse payment because, says Steve Beck, "He was just a compassionate kind of a guy."
But one day, Owen's life took another abrupt turn. Federal agents and local sheriff deputies raided Charlie Lynch's dispensary, and seized nearly everything inside, including Owen's medicine. "He had a prescription from a doctor at Stanford, and they took his stuff!" says Debbie Beck. Federal agents cuffed Lynch, and put him behind bars. Even though state and local laws allow for it, medical marijuana is still illegal under federal law. And because he had clients like Owen who were under age 21, Charlie Lynch faces heightened penalties. In California the average first-degree murder serves 20 years behind bars; Charlie Lynch could face a sentence as long as 100 years in prison.
It's a hard hitting video - check it out:

Charles Lynch will be facing trial this summer. We'll be posting his court dates on on our upcoming court dates page so please check back.
Also, if you missed it, take a look at the first reason.tv video on medical marijuana, featuring ASA's Executive Director Steph Sherer:

Medical Cannabis: Voices from the Frontlines Blog Archive Drew Carey on DEA Raids & Medical Marijuana Use by Minors

:thedoubletake:I just lost my post - what the hell.

From what I remember, I had seen this about a year or so ago, it is a good little vid. However he does make some points in the video maybe you might need to read between the lines, but the government cant even make up it s own mind about MMJ.

I dont like how "we the people" dont matter to the government. It is not just for us to vote to for the rights which are then denied us. These politicians instead are masterminded by their ambition to succeed and in the process become slave to their coinpurses. It scares me that should it "become legal" where a person resides that said individual is still subject to incrimination for growing/consumption.

I dont get along, or shall i say i dont believe any longer with the philosophy I was raised to believe that America represented. That this is the land of the free that we are living in. It makes me think about the tshirts/bumperstickers you have probably seen some-

If this is the land of the free/if this is a free country

why is everyone selling you something
why is everyone trying to sell you something
why does everything cost so damn much

I am sure u have seen or heard something of the same. I was raised believing that I was living in a country could do whatever they put their minds to. Just as as long as ii did not bother no one. I see nothing wrong with mj anyhow. It is a plant. If someone grew it behind their house like a rosebush, im saying not for smoking or nuttin' for looks and smell and let the flowers rot off and digest in the dirt.
They could be facing jail time for it. Thats not right. When the establishment made to protect you are the people you fear it seems to be very far from what I would call the home of the free. This is the home of the capitolists. It is multimillion dollar corporations and conglomerates that fill the purses of our politicians. What they want is what we get. I feel more like i live in the land of the capitolists.
As more states take steps towards allowing their citizens the rights to mmj the parent government(federal) steps in and gets all ugly. This is the land of the free, it is supposed to be anyhow. It was established by a bunch of people that did not think that anyone should tell you how to live. For instance Thomas Jefferson(3rd president-:hmmmm:-right?)"If people let the Government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as souls who live under tyranny.

I honestly dont see why it is illegal in the first place I understand that it can be abused but so can baseball bats and spray paint. They dont arrest the guy at the sports shop when someguy shows up with a caved in skull. They dont arrest the guy at walmart cuz they found some braindead youth wiht a baggy and paint around their nose and a recipt from wallyworld. You dont need any kind of permit for a ballbat. But a knife less than a foot long are illegal in some states. But they dont throw any special laws out with handling and distribution of ballbats. I could kill you quicker, ok easier and from futher away, with that baseball bat than I could with a kinfe wiht a 8 in blade.
What is wrong with a plant more flora is desparately needed on earth anyhow. The earth is becoming a concrete jungle and we are left with less and less land to support the life giving us the oxygen we need to breathe.

I guess i am saying that nearly anything can be harmful in someway or another, but why should something that can be so beneficial be illegal in the first place.

I am going to stop now. So I can eat I seem to have gotten very hungry while typing this. Plus my ass is asleep and I need to get of it for a bit and check on some of my flora.

peese

-me​

medical marijuana is "not in the best interest of a community that prides itself on providing a healthy, family environment."

Haha and any given day you can turn on the tele and in just 10 minutes you will see 5 different commercials trying to make you feel like you have a problem and want you to buy their Pharmaceuticals which have not been tested for years and years to make absolutely sure they have no harmful long term effect when the alturnative Cannabis grows natural and has been proven time again that it has no lasting effects on humans!!:smokin:

Cirrhosis of the liver (from taking narcotics for a long period of time) or God supplied meds that have no harmful effects????Hmm I think I will chose the latter.:grinjoint:

word

Back
Top Bottom