Droopy - kinda yellow first grow - please help me

Weedbuddah

First off thanks to anyone who is reading this and willing to help...you are great!! I am totally new to growing so i know very little but would like to learn everything i can...here is my situation i will explain it the best i can. SITUATION: 1.5 weeks ago i was given 2 plants about 9" tall each in separate 20oz solo cups.... I didnt know whaot to put them in so i went to home depot and got 1gal plastic pots along w peet moss and mg potting soil 50l50 mix. Transplanted them in there and put them under a t8 fixture w 2 6400k 2750lumens bulbs 16hr. On. SUPPLIES: .then i started reading on bulbs and soils and i decided to go to the local hydroponics shop. I purchased a digi timer a 4 foot T5 fixture w 4 bulbs (20,000 lumens 6400k) fox farms ocean forest and fox farms happy frog..clonex gel w root riot cubes...a general hydroponics ph kit (dont know how to use w soil) and 2 smart pots (2gal and 3 gal) so thats what i got on hand as of now plus i have only used reverse osmosis water THE GROW: I changed the plants from the miricale grow peetmoss to ffoc w the ff happy frog 50/50 (should i add perlite?) And put the mix in the smart pots and watered until water came out (about 1quart +/- a cup per plant) and put them under the t5 bulbs (about 2" away) i added the same amount of water (only r/o water used) two days later and now my plants look like shit!! Plz help THE PROBLEM: my plants are turning brown and yellow on a couple leaves lower on the plant (tips) the leaves mostly look droopy (pics are them )And i am freaking out....the room temp is 72° and i have a fan on low about 6' away (fixed fan dont move) i have a ph kit but dont know if i can use w soil (general hyproponics liquid kit ph upkit and downi included) i also am curious why some leaves are brighter green and some are darker...i have not figured out how to post pics from phone so i will upload from comp in a couple hrs.... if u can help w/o pics i would appreciate any help what so ever...i promise to share the knowledge given and be a valuable member of this community..
2012-11-25_13-39-21_430.jpg
2012-11-25_13-39-00_628.jpg
2012-11-25_13-38-52_304.jpg
2012-11-22_00-37-44_808.jpg
2012-11-22_00-37-56_979.jpg

hello
looks like you have a N def.and your Ph is a little on the low side. yes you can use that Ph kit with soil, what you have to do is Ph your water a little high, when you add nutes it will lower your Ph.check the runoff water Ph. that will tell you waht is really going on. You should always add more perlite to your soil, and add some lime to help keep your Ph near normal. Since your plants are alreay growing don't try to add any perlite at this time just remember the next time.
The reason for some of the leaves are darker that others is the plant is trying to get nutes. mostly N.
Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom