Dropped seeds on a beige colored carpet

Beleaf

Welcome peeps and thanks for checking out my thread. So....my souvenirs arrived today from Herbies and everything is perfectly in order and squared away. Anxiously awaiting this arrival as it was my first time I carefully planned a strategy for my first journal. As I carefully opened my first pack of AFs it pops open and they bounce everywhere upon the sandy beige carpet. I immediately find one and then after searching for about an hour of what would look very similar to snow angels performing on the carpet hoping to feel something I could work with I came up with nothing. So knowing that it was not a good idea had no choice but to grab the vacuum and try to make the best of this situation that was at the least very embarrassing. I carefully vacuumed small portions at a time and then checking the container for anything but broken hulls. After 3 broken confirmed I recovered 1 and put the two out of ten souvenirs in safe, worm, moist place for safe keeping. I can't say that I have given up hope on my comrades, however the idea of wetting the carpet kind of did cross my mind. I'll update as I still have some more soldiers but this is really sad. In a funny way.

I forgot to mention the medium shag carpet.... I had a friend helping me...... I'm such a noob

Rubberband a piece of panty hose over the end of your vacuum wand. Keep it on while you pluck your babies off the screen! I've had to use this a time or two but I have a 100% recovery rate.

Rubberband a piece of panty hose over the end of your vacuum wand. Keep it on while you pluck your babies off the screen! I've had to use this a time or two but I have a 100% recovery rate.

Another awesome idea! I'm going to try this however I'm afraid my AF's are gone.

Back
Top Bottom