Grow room has carpet - Require advice & feedback on my solution please

HazePhase

Hey Peeps,

The only place I have room for a grow is upstairs in my spare bedroom which has carpet.
I am running 2 - tents (currently have one set up) which is a 5x5 and a closet on 2x4.

Everything is carpet in this room and what I was thinking of doing is laying down pond liner in the room with about 6 inch of lip on each side going up the wall. This way keeps dust and what not under and keep nutes and water off my carpet.
Since I have a door that opens inward to get into the room I am going to have to make a 2-1/2 x 2-1/2 frame to go around the door with some wood (open to suggestions please) so that i can open the door but still be able to have a 6inch lip to catch any water.

The tents i have are Gorilla tents so they hold tons of water and I am currently doing soil but may switch to hydro - I just wanted to ensure no issues with my carpet and I don't want to have to lay down plywood first.

I was hoping to get some feedback from peeps.
14x10 is the size I need and I was thinking of getting it from:
Premium Grade RPE Pond Liner

I would assume for what I am using it for the 24mil would be enough - they also have stronger ones 30 and 40mil but this is already 3x stronger than EPDM liners.

Hoping to get some help and comments - thank you!

re: Grow room has carpet - Require advice & feedback on my solution please

U could staple it down in front of the door, u would never see the staples holes if u ever removed it. Any water that did deep through incase of flood would be pretty minor.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Nice :) I woulda opted for gorilla tape as masking tape lets go easy if it get wet or damp. Construction tuck tape would even be better imo. But see how the masking tape works for ya u can always retape it

yeah some areas came off a bit pushed back on.
It already stays up well enough so tape just helps a bit.
I also wanted the option to remove it and not the paint off our walls LOL

@HazePhase
You should be able to just flip the door to swing out...Use a chisel to notch out for the hinges on the other side of the casing, might have to move the stops. Check it out on youtube, I've rebuilt several door casings with basic tools and skills
Good morning @michaeldavidson :ciao: hope you are having a good day my friend.
Thanks for the info on the door.
But that thread is from 2017 and you may not get a reply.
Top left corner has the date.
Have you met everyone yet?
Here is a thread.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Back
Top Bottom