Under construction - It's worth a look

Personalplusg

Hey y'all. Here's my new grow setup. I've grown one time before with CFLs but never in a closet. As of now it's mostly done. I still have to cut my 4" exhaust hole above the plywood 2nd door. Then finish the electrical. The carpet has been protected and I have a basic wooden catch tray. The closet is 20" x 78" x 8 ft. As far as lights in this room I'm running 3 x 300 galaxy hydro and 1 x 300 Mars hydro. I ordered a buffet of seeds, photos, autos..eta a week. I'm wanting one plant per light. With that being said... Do you think 4 5 gallon buckets are overkill?? I dunno kinda smashed and taking a break.

A nice little trick I usually suggest to closet growers is, buy a replacement door from bLowes. That way you can cut all the holes you want in it. Then just put the original back on if you need to.

I would go with the largest pots you think you can fit in your area. Depending on how big you let them get, smaller pots can become root bound and require a lot of attention.

I see your inlet at the bottom of the door. How do you intend to trap light from entering the grow area? If you need help designing a light trap, just ask.

I thought about just stapling furnace air filters to the door, but a light blocker would be great! Btw I went with 4 air potsi think they are 3 gallons.

This is a model of the light trap I used in the bottom inlet of my cabinet. Air can move freely from the bottom through the trap, but light cannot pass. All the surfaces are painted flat black. You could build something similar then just screw it to your door over the inlet. Use your imagination.

A furnace filter may cause too much restriction in air flow. I like my inlets to be sized to allow the exhaust fan to "free flow" (no static pressure). Get the most for what you paid for in a fan. This will also help when you pair a carbon filter to the exhaust.

Light_Trap_2.PNG

I think I will start my auto green crack tomorrow. I have 4- 3 gallon air pots, ocean forest, and extra perlite....

I suggest starting a grow journal if you're going to keep updating. Create a new thread here
[h=2]Journals in Progress [/h]
Include your username, strain, grow medium, type of light, ect... in the title

Post back here if you do create one, I'll sub up for a front row seat...

Back
Top Bottom