Drug Companies Favor Costly Pill

Ms. RedEye

420 Support
420 Staff
Regarding the subject of compassionate care and medical marijuana in our state, please consider that there is a pill called Marinol that is the man-made form of marijuana. Its main ingredient is THC. And some against medical legalization will say, even argue, that the pill form exists and there is no need for another form, the smoked form.

Please know that because the pharmaceutical companies have developed this pill, they have proved that marijuana and the main active ingredient, THC, does, in fact, have medical properties. It is no longer a question of whether it has medical/clinically proved benefits; apparently the pharmaceutical companies believe it does, as well as the doctors who have prescribed marijuana/THC in any form.

People are suffering in our state and are having to beg for the medicine they have proven works for them in their illness, and we are arguing about the route to administer it by or if they should be allowed to use it at all. How arrogant and judgmental are we? Where is our compassion?

How long will the war on marijuana; which is a war against our fellow citizens, go on? With Marinol costing around $600 per 100 tablets, the pharmaceutical companies are hoping it is a long time. Please support the Compassionate Care Act by calling your representatives in the Alabama Legislature when it comes up for consideration.

News Hawk: MsRedEye: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Montgomery Advertiser (AL)
Author: Sarah Wires, Dora (Letter to the Editor)
Copyright: 2008 The Advertiser, Co.
Contact: https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section/customerservice
Website: Drug companies favor costly pill | montgomeryadvertiser.com | Montgomery Advertiser

I may use the arguement that the drug companies know that THC works but the cost of $600.00 for 100 is way too high. I know enough about organic gardening to grow my own for almost free. The drug companies want you to take their drugs with all the side effects instead of getting the real deal from nature. I am seeing my doctor on the 6th to ask him to sign me up for medical marijuana. I want all the ammo I can get.

A couple other points

- A 100% THC pill trumps the argument that pot 2.0 is dangerous. How can today's 10-20% THC vs. the 5% from the woodstock generation be an issue if 100% is ok in pill form. The user adjusts the dose, just as people drink less when it's whiskey vs. beer

- Marinol would be better if they formulated to include the moderating cannabinoids CBD & CBN

- Marinol may help with appetite, but in my understanding it doesn't help with neuropathic pain the way natural cannabis does

We need to get back to doctors making the decisions in health related areas and hire polticians that understand that's not their job

"hire polticians that understand that's not their job"

Unfortunately, it is the drug companies, amongst many other large corporations, that appoint our choice of politician in the end, not us. When a company gives a few hundred million to campaigns, you'd better believe that they're the ones hiring our leaders, not us.

"A 100% THC pill trumps the argument that pot 2.0 is dangerous. How can today's 10-20% THC vs. the 5% from the woodstock generation be an issue if 100% is ok in pill form."

Good, sound, logical argument. If I could go back in time I'd have put in the Bible, "And Jesus smoked a big fatty with his disciples after his last supper." Then we'd have no problem at all with it being legal.

Good, sound, logical argument. If I could go back in time I'd have put in the Bible, "And Jesus smoked a big fatty with his disciples after his last supper." Then we'd have no problem at all with it being legal.

Praise be, AMEN :clap::bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom