Drying does it have to be VERY dark?

jimdaworm

Hi everyone, I am just wondering can I hang a plant upside down in my room. I don't really have any space to put it anywhere completely dark. No sunlight would come in but there would be ambient light.

Does it make a big difference if they are in complete darkness?

Well I don't know if you'd want a cut plant just hanging in the middle of one of the rooms on your house, I'd use a closet to keep it out of sight. But if your worried about light degrading potency, then don't. Ultraviolet light degrades potency so as long as it's not sunlight it should not affect your buds. However, if your going to dry in a room instead of a closet you will have to monitor the temp. and humidity of that whole room which will be alot harder to control than a closet.

I thought I should let you know something important about drying. 2 main reasons for drying in the dark is.
Light does degrade thc over a period of time especially strong light like sunlight.
The other reason is this. You want all photosynthesis to stop. Even when a plant is cut down, it will still try its best to stay alive and green. This can severely damage thc ratings. You don't want a harvested plant to continue trying to change light into plant energy, certain components start to get used up in the process and 2 of the components are CBCs and THC.

Very ineresting. I guess because I always just dried in the dark anyway I never really though about it like that.

Its a lil info that gets overlooked. I just simplified it so its easier to understand. When I first came across this info, the writer used big complicated words that were confusing until I had a better understanding of the grow lingo. I got the info first from Jorge Cervantes.

It makes alot of sense. I'm guessing because the plant would put all it's strength into survival and immediatly cut off all other functions.

Thanks a lot both of you guys for enlightening me :allgood: The problem is I have very little space. No space in the wardrobe.

At this stage I am thinking about a large box below my bed.

Humidity is very low where I live so it should not cause to many problems.

Back
Top Bottom