Dual CFL?

Istvan

420 Member
I have bought my first LED grow light locally but I didn't really liked it so I switched to 4 CFL for 1 plant and put remaining 3 outside. Now , I'm located in Malta and sun here is ridiculously strong and it looks like it stounted the growth a bit while the one plant under *4x 32w CFL 6700k* outgrew all of them by far.
So my tought is to put everything to tent (especially for next plants). And I like how plant reacted to CFL so I would like to get warm white aswel , but in store just seen they have 200w bulbs with Dual * (both warm and cold light in it) .

So actual question (if you stayed this deep into my explanation 😅) , is : if I buy 2 of them 200w dual, will i give enough light source and spectrum for 4 plants?
Or should I buy 4 lights 2 cold and 2 warm about 100w each?

Good morning Istvan.
CfL lighting is brilliant for starting plants under, it will even grow you a decent size plant..but cfl falls a little short when it comes to flowering.

2x 200 w bulbs would be plenty to grow 4 nice plants but they put out alot of heat. One bulb would get you started.
If you can get cfl you may be able to get a hps bulb and ballast. This will flower the plants but again, put out alot of heat.
What's delivery like in Malta, is it easy to get things from main land Europe?

Hi! Malta. Wow. Jealous enough to not even want to give any advice hahahaha just kidding of course!

Those CFLs as aforementioned, are great for veg although outdated and put off heat but not so great for flower. They miss out on the blue spectrum veg plants care for but there's something about those bulbs in veg idk what.

Flower though, for 4 plants, and to grow them well, you want to look for a light with a good red spectrum. That will compensate for you taking them out of that beautiful Malta sun.

My question lies with Listers', what is shipping like and who will ship to you?

Either way, happy to hear they are off to a good start and welcome!

If you need help navigating or anything. Don't hesitate to ask!

Will this by your opinion be better as a supply of red? It is a "growing" light bought in local store . Says 250w but i doubt

16605554909768933796417767808970.jpg

Will this by your opinion be better as a supply of red? It is a "growing" light bought in local store . Says 250w but i doubt

16605554909768933796417767808970.jpg
I doubt that's 250w also.
The label on the back will tell you the amount of actuall watts it takes to run.
You'll most probably find it's only 25w in reality.
One of our sponsors @Mars Hydro delivers all across Europe and some islands...one of their lights would be perfect for you for a reasonable price.

Again it's about shipping and delivery choices for Malta.
Do you have access to eBay..Amazon deliveries?

I doubt that's 250w also.
The label on the back will tell you the amount of actuall watts it takes to run.
You'll most probably find it's only 25w in reality.
One of our sponsors @Mars Hydro delivers all across Europe and some islands...one of their lights would be perfect for you for a reasonable price.

Again it's about shipping and delivery choices for Malta.
Do you have access to eBay..Amazon deliveries?
Yes we do all of above ☺️

That would be the best way forward.
Buying a purpose built modern LED grow light.
One light that will cover all stages of growth..seedling, veg and flower. It'll save you buying multiple lights.

If you go to 420magazine sponsor section and have a look at @Mars Hydro hydro lights..if they deliver to Malta from this site you can get a member discount.
If not, mars hydro sell on eBay. Their lights would be perfect for you. One purchase, job done.

To grow 4 decent plants look at their tsw2000, for their cheaper option.
To grow 2 decent plants look at their
Ts 1000, for their cheaper option.

Just checked and mars hydro does indeed deliver to Malta from the 420magazine site.
You can apply a member discount.
You're the beat Lister! Thanks so much for helping our Malta friend out with that!

I'm a @Mars Hydro girl myself and I couldn't love their products anymore!

I'd suggest the series List said and also look at the FC3000, it is very affordable for the wattage and its a bar light so coverage spans further than the TS series but the TS models are great, too!

That other garbage LED is probably 100 True Watts of output. I hate that they even produce those things and claim they're better than what they are.

Back
Top Bottom