Dwarf Low Flyer Broken Main Stem

Hey everyone. I had two Dwarf Low Flyer seeds I decided to start several weeks ago. They are soil grows, I used straight Coco Loco from Fox Farm. I didn't put much into this one, no LST and no topping with the short grow time for this auto strain. They both first poked above soil 3/24 and I've had them indoors in a tent until yesterday.

They are solidly in the flowering stage, I'm about to go out of town for a week so I decided to move them outdoors in a safe place until I get back. Wouldn't you know it, one of my cats knocked one of my pots over and the main stem broke on one of my plants. Never had this happen before, but I used a stick for a stake, wrapped the broken section of the stem with duct tape and then duct taped the stem to the stick. It was a little dry so I went ahead and watered the piss out of it. I was already going to drench them tomorrow before I leave, I intentionally timed it so they'd be very dry the end of this week so I could drench them and let them dry out while I'm away.

The stem didn't break apart, just broke and the top part of my plant was laying in the pot. Being the stem didn't fully break I'm starting to wonder if I should've just left it alone and it would've healed, or at lest kept nutrient uptake to the top part regardless of the stem being damaged. Either way, it's done so hopefully it'll work out.

Was wondering if anyone had encountered something similar or if anyone had thoughts on the situation. The one on the right is the damaged one (probably obvious).

index1.jpg

index2.jpg

index3.jpg

Sometimes related threads are very very old and not helpful. It's ok to ask when you have questions, but can also be helpful if you do read around a bit first :)
That said, these plants are amazing in their ability to recover from damage, as long as she can still move water and food up thru the break it should be fine. By your pics, it doesn't appear to be drooping or anything, so you're probably fine.

Back
Top Bottom