DWC failing - What!

WR420

I'm on week 5 1/2. Everything going fine until About 5 days ago.

Noticed plants were droopy.

420-magazine-mobile597170612.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2062030708.jpg

Now Roots are browning out of nowhere! What do you think is wrong & how do I save my babies???

Roots before

420-magazine-mobile1377285602.jpg

Roots now

420-magazine-mobile2147038369.jpg

420-magazine-mobile724697741.jpg

Help me please!
Many clouds of Smoke all,.
Tanyeast
WR420
Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Sounds to me like it could either be not enough airflow or temps are off in the res, do you use an additive like hydroguard or dutch master zone etc? they will usually keep the res in check for temp issues. I do get a bit of browning in my root system now and then but i think a lot of it is staining from the nutes, depending on what nutes you use, organic i dont know but salt based nutes without any beneficial bacteria you can run some h2o2 which will kill off all bacteria, bad or good and will whiten the root system.

I am using GH Flora Duo A & B which absolutely causes some staining. My res temps are quite low, maybe too low at 65-67 deg? I just added Sensizym yesterday at 3 ML per bucket. This is half strength of what bottle calls for. Should I use more? Water level is about an inch below bottom of net pot.

Many clouds of Smoke all,.
Tanyeast
WR420
Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

How often are you switching out solution? Do you have good aeration? Are you using any beneficial bacteria?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

How often is that though?
I used to run into the same issue from time to time till I found these microbes from key to life and that I mix in every week with my swaps and every other week I brew a compost tea and do root drench

How often is that though?
I used to run into the same issue from time to time till I found these microbes from key to life and that I mix in every week with my swaps and every other week I brew a compost tea and do root drench

This is you have an on my third bucket change and I did weekly changes maybe a day or two off

Lol well everything sounds good on paper... I would definitely suggest looking into compost teas, with all that microbial life it help fight off just about any root issue

Hydroguard, z7, pondzyme, voodoo juice, great white, compost tea... Some kind of beneficial bacteria or h2o2 and run that rez sterile. Sensizym will work better in conjunction with any of these. Looks defo like some baddies have moved in from what i can see in the pics. Your rez temps are super. Is this the grow with the peat pucks as starters? If it is that could be the issue there. First dwc i used peat and got rot. Now i just use washed hydroton and benes/enzymes to keep my rez clean.
If they are not slimy it may have been just staining. Are the roots fragile where they are browned? Do they pull off easily with little force?

Hydroguard, z7, pondzyme, voodoo juice, great white, compost tea... Some kind of beneficial bacteria or h2o2 and run that rez sterile. Sensizym will work better in conjunction with any of these. Looks defo like some baddies have moved in from what i can see in the pics. Your rez temps are super. Is this the grow with the peat pucks as starters? If it is that could be the issue there. First dwc i used peat and got rot. Now i just use washed hydroton and benes/enzymes to keep my rez clean.
If they are not slimy it may have been just staining. Are the roots fragile where they are browned? Do they pull off easily with little force?

Real time pics of roots & grow room!!! .

420-magazine-mobile491268008.jpg

I cut the nasty ones off this plant but then realized they seemed quite healthy just really nutrient stained

420-magazine-mobile1072643801.jpg

In older, linger plant roots, see nute clump?

420-magazine-mobile69973074.jpg

Bottom left is problem plant. One in middle seems to be yellowing also.

420-magazine-mobile989477039.jpg

That top picture looks like it's spotted. It's hard to tell in the picture. If it is, I would scope the bottom of the leaf
to see if there is mites on the bottom side.

Bumping up cause I'm back in problems, pests & disease.

:morenutes:

I need opinions on this from my fellow 420'ers.

No pests.

No mold or other known diseases

Undersides of leaves are perfect

Roots are white and healthy, no smell or slime

Buckets have working air stones in the middle of each.

2 Fans running, one underneath & one above canopy, slight breeze.

Water level {as needed} by adding nutes or Straight PH balanced H20. Never more than 75% or less than 25% below net pot

PH dialed in

RH 40-55 Deg F

RT 65 nights 72 day

plants are perfect

Nutes I think I had dialed in on Veg but went to Flower 9 days ago.

Today is 76 days from seed in tap water.

They are starting to stretch

LED's are more than a foot to 14" above tops

Possible light burn from the makeshift walls I made in the grow room?

But, maybe I'm looking to much into it but at the same time if it's nute issue I don't want it to progress.

I think ph is outta wack bro. It's the only thing that makes sense. Even tho i just got a new ph meter i still have a eye droppers test kit to check if meter went off a lil. But for as long as you say she has been growing I also think u might need more light. This is a afghan kush at 3.5 weeks

420-magazine-mobile688443083.jpg
this is a plant in soil barely over a week old
420-magazine-mobile1511067591.jpg

my new dwc Afghan Kush run and flowering mothers

And my roots are always stained from my nutes look at these roots the are BLACK but healthy as hell
420-magazine-mobile1927425317.jpg

I will dip them in plain water during res change and they clean off and are mostly white again. It's my earth juice hi-brix that stains

Back
Top Bottom