Early flower question...

Due to the very long spring and mild summer an outdoor plant I have, started to flower a little over a month ago. It started to grow buds but nothing too huge. Now she is growing new growth from the top of the buds, basically going back to veg. I have grown indoors under a controlled environment and have never had to deal with this.

Will she hermie under the stress? Will she just continue to grow and flower this fall with no problem?

Sorry no pics...she is not at my place.

Thanks all:grinjoint:

Humboldt/Mendo same thing for a lot of growers this year... should be no worries.

- if, its a stable strain.

Humboldt/Mendo same thing for a lot of growers this year... should be no worries.

- if, its a stable strain.

Thanks SnowBender...plus rep for easing my mind and cause you're a fellow Northern Californian. The strain is strong, a clone taken from a healthy mother.

What happens to the colas that are on her now? Will the just shrivel up?

Thanks again!

they shouldn't shrivel up.
it all depends how developed they were (pics help so much). and again it depends on strain. some will make kinda, 'buds on buds', with some branches in them, some just make fatter buds.
only real draw back is;
-the decreased calyx ratio.(usually only a problem for retail. )
-and the increased trimming time
...but such is life outdoors. ;)
the personal head space/medicinal outcome is not diminished imo

You'll soon see what kind of structure the buds will take, now that its middle of july and budding time...

Hi just wanted to add I have had the cola's just veg out getting leafier and larger but holding 40% of all bud close to the stems looking like it was flowering the whole time and when finished all was fine.
:goodluck:

+Rep Yarddog35 and SnowBender this is a great topic as many, many, apple, pear and other fruit bearing trees and berries went into very early flower this year causing grave worries across the industry. Harvests won't be in until September on many of these crops so it is too early to comprehensively determine full impacts of the early thaw and record breaking rainfall will have on flowering fruits.
I can say my plants in sunlight kill the ones under HID's.

Back
Top Bottom