Edinburg Police Foiled In Attempt To Give Pot To State Prison Inmates, Apparently

Weedpipe

420 Member
They do things different down in the Valley. Like, if you're a police department, you donate some marijuana to inmates at the local state prison.

Oh sure, Edinburg police are saying it was all a mistake, and no way did they intend to give 25 pounds of pot to inmates by cleverly concealing it in a truckload of bananas, but come on, man -- it's the Valley.

We're just surprised they went to the trouble of hiding it.

The McAllen Monitor reports that Edinburg police sent a truckload of bananas and other fruit to the TDCJ's Segovia Unit, a common practice since the fruit had been confiscated in a drug raid.

About 1,000 pounds of pot was confiscated in that incident, police said. Trouble is, there was apparently 1,025 pounds of pot in the truck.

The weed was discovered while inmates working in the kitchen were unpacking the delivery. In what must be considered either the Upset of the Year, or evidence that prison truly can be redemptive, one inmate reported the pot to guards.

That inmate was later killed in the shower. (Not really.)

"We always inspect those donations before they are delivered," Edinburg police chief Quirino Munoz told the Monitor. "I guess these drugs were inadvertently missed by the officers and our drug dogs."

Yep. We're buying it. Those drug dogs miss 25 pounds of pot all the freakin' time.

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Houston News
Author: Richard Connelly
Copyright: 2009 Village Voice Media
Website:Edinburg Police Foiled In Attempt To Give Pot To State Prison Inmates, Apparently

How would anyone know how often a dog misses contraband? It's not like a smuggler says to the dog handler, oops, you're dog missed my stash...

Funny thing is, Thats exactly where it shoulda gone..Inmates would be less aggresive with weed to smoke. :roorrip:

How would anyone know how often a dog misses contraband? It's not like a smuggler says to the dog handler, oops, you're dog missed my stash...
while preparing to come home from s.korea back in the 70's i was very careful to search through all of my belongings to make sure i wasn't carrying anything to get me busted knowing i would be going past dogs. we stopped in japan for a layover and i went past dogs getting off the plane and getting back on. i went past dogs getting off in oakland. going through customs the agent pulled a pinch out of the bottom of a jacket pocket.
"Are you aware there is marijuana in your pocket?"
"No sir"
"I can have it analysed if you'd like"
"No sir, I believe you. I thought I'd removed it all"
"ok, go ahead"
i'd gone past maybe a dozen dogs.

while preparing to come home from s.korea back in the 70's i was very careful to search through all of my belongings to make sure i wasn't carrying anything to get me busted knowing i would be going past dogs. we stopped in japan for a layover and i went past dogs getting off the plane and getting back on. i went past dogs getting off in oakland. going through customs the agent pulled a pinch out of the bottom of a jacket pocket.
"Are you aware there is marijuana in your pocket?"
"No sir"
"I can have it analysed if you'd like"
"No sir, I believe you. I thought I'd removed it all"
"ok, go ahead"
i'd gone past maybe a dozen dogs.

hhhaha "id removed it all"

Back
Top Bottom